·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
is this some kind of joke :confused2

i know a couple guys here in my area that run Gintani tunes on their m3s....

·
Registered
452 Posts
wow. that video is epic.

·
Registered
114 Posts
wtf ??

man , knowing this is good ..

thats what eloy says about gameboy tuner i guess ..

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Surge 709 may I ask what is your place or position in all this???
By your location you are stated to be Conneticutt. Are you personally involved? You appear to know alot about the conditions.
Again only asking.
I am involved with a legal issue myself with a "so called tuner". Cough cough ... joke.

Ranger

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
This just went up on M3forum:

Thank you for viewing my video. I assure you I tried to get the word out by posting it on every forum possible. (Both national and local). Unfortunately, about 90% of the forums deleted it because they thought it was spam. I didnt post the video with the hopes of winning an award for outstanding editing or anything, and I apologize for the quality of the information. However, it is the information that is important.

This video was originally on youtube twice, once it was removed due to a copyright infringement on Gintani, and the other time it was removed due to a "Copyright Claim" by bimmerboost:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy0eYpMTgmY

Unfortunately, keeping it on Youtube is not an option, so you will have to sit through those god awful advertisements to see the whole thing. I also uploaded it to Vimeo, and you may see it here:

Untitled on Vimeo

As far as music in the video goes, I tried to use tracks that would not cause the video to be held and/or removed due to issues with a music company, so the music on there is not mainstream.

As far as the content in the video, it is all here. You can view it for yourself:

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

·
Registered
438 Posts
Wow i had no clue about this?? Jeremy actually tuned my car last year, if i had known about this i would not have gone through with it. I just saw him last week so he could tune my car back to stock so i can take my car to the dealer.

·
Banned
194 Posts
WOW this is crazy. So what now? is he suggesting we dont get any tunes from this guy?

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
More from M3forum:

Yes. Not only did they scam some football player out of $500k, but there are multiple criminal investigations ongoing about their shop, mileage fraud, etc.

Just ask yourself this: have you ever seen one single Gintani project NOT end in a failure? They wouldn't even have an E92 supercharger kit if it weren't for the stolen g-power software. Every other project has ended in complete failure and the car owners scammed out of the money.

The current count of blown E92 motors is 7, possibly 8. Considering they've only sold about 9 kits, that's not a good track record. Local machine shops say they bring in blown motors all the time and have no idea what they are doing.

Gintani gives the impression that they are making big inroads. But are they really? They have only sold about 8 or 9 kits...TOTAL. Most of the kit owners are real active on the forums...then once they get their kit...they disappear. It's like once reality sets in and they realize their car barely runs, they disappear.

Drew's car has been disabled for months now. Nobody talks about it. The car in greece blew the motor in the summer after only a few weeks on the road. Tightie's motor is out of the car again and now torn down. Drew's motor is probably blown as well. Is it just coincidence that two kit owners got rid of their kit and sold it within a few weeks of Drew's car going down? One of the owners said he would probably buy another M3 sedan to replace it. So he obviously sold his car just to get rid of the kit. He's obviously seen too much damage first hand and got rid of it before his car suffered the same fate as the 7 or 8 other blown motors.

·
Registered
114 Posts
you forgot eurocharged / active autowerke .

they are good as well.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I did too realize that Gintani seemed to appear out of no where. Now, I never used that to discredit them as a tuner.

However, all the other tuners/companies that I would personally trust do not have even 5% of these rumors surrounding them, which I think means something.

Typically a rumor is a rumor and is nothing more than hearsay until it can be proved, but when you have such a high volume of rumor it makes you wonder.

I don't think our M5 will ever get modded but I'm looking to get an E92 M3 soon and chances of me tuning it are slim to none, but I may supercharge it. If I do, it'll definitely be an ESS or G-Power unit.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Surge 709 may I ask what is your place or position in all this???
Just looking out for my fellow forum members. Saw this and figured that I should spread the word. No interest or involvement what so ever. I don't even know if this is true, but from what Obioban has posted, sure looks to be.

Reactions: KILLZBUGZ

·
Registered
10 Posts
I remember all the Gintani vs. ESS threads and which one was better. Lots of Gintani pluggers. Ooops
Many of these "pluggers" from what I have seen were Gintani customers who received discounts / free products in exchange for forum reviews. Its obvious this is going on when its the same guys on every forum saying the same thing and several of them don't own the products they are plugging.

I had seen many of these rumors posted on various forums about OE tuning and Gintani running a shady operation but the info posted in that video brings proof to these rumors. I would never let a company who stole close to $500k from a customer or who has a tuner that is a convicted drug dealer / user ever touch my car. Also if Gintani's tuner did lie on his visa about his drug conviction as the video shows he is in this country illegally and will be getting a one way ticket home once he is located. good luck getting any customer service on your software once that happens.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Maybe I'm suffering from some brain fart but what's the relationship between jwilk and Joseph Wilk (sticky)?

Also most of the stuff quoted from M3post and legal documents on that video aren't new. The lawsuit has been out there for a while now and so are the accusations about Jeremy. Can anyone verify the truth? I know Tightie (Josh) so guess I'll email him to see what happened to his M3. Last time I had posted on some info on Gintani on behalf of someone form MFestforums, Tightie came to Gintani's defense; probably as a loyal customer which is understandable.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Maybe I'm suffering from some brain fart but what's the relationship between jwilk and Joseph Wilk (sticky)?

Also most of the stuff quoted from M3post and legal documents on that video aren't new. The lawsuit has been out there for a while now and so are the accusations about Jeremy. Can anyone verify the truth? I know Tightie (Josh) so guess I'll email him to see what happened to his M3. Last time I had posted on some info on Gintani on behalf of someone form MFestforums, Tightie came to Gintani's defense; probably as a loyal customer which is understandable.
Already happened on M3F. Here's what went down:

Seriously, LOL.

Ian, you have some hidden agenda. It honestly is pretty funny.

Don't believe everything you read/see on the internet buddy. I have met the Gintani owners/family and trust me, that video was complete bullshit.

You have this hate against Sticky. He isn't a bad guy, he has NOTHING to do with Gintani. Sure, he argues on the forum and **** but who the hell doesnt. He likes what he does, if you don't like it don't go to his site.

BTW, My car isn't running?

Theres TONS of MORE bullshit in that video but this isn't my fight. So u guys can keep battling it out and hating on gintani because they can actually do something right.. :thumbsup2:

I'll let the picture do the talking.. For the record, I daily drive my car.. Man, now you guys see why I never post on forums anymore. :raspberry:

Wait.. thats not my car, its a photoshop.. it's a fake blackberry too. :facepalm:

That is the biggest bunch of rubbish I have heard in a while. Sticky has created more than 50 accounts on this forum, spamming our site with his garbage and Gintani advertisements. You are telling Ian not to go to his site???

It is nice to see the truth get posted and not removed on a public forum. Often times when the real dirt that people should be aware of is posted the site admins just remove it to keep everyone happy. I have been following these guys around on the forums and I can tell you everything in that video is pretty much the truth. There is a difference between rumors and facts with supporting information. do your homework and you will find out what is the truth.

Im not surprised to see Tightie jumping in to defend the vendor that currently is sponsoring his car. The truth is Tightie that your car has never run properly from day one. Your project build is over a year in the making and you have never posted one dyno of your stage 3 Gintani kit. What you have said is that your car has been flawless from day one and that someday you will post a dyno. The truth is it has never performed properly and has been in the shop with issues as much as it has been out of the shop. Am I wrong? if so please post up a dyno of your "800 HP" car. This is what Sticky has advertised it to be on his site. What you also have not admitted is that your motor blew on Gintani's dyno when Jeremy AKA "OE tuning" modified the file in your G-Power kit to make more power. This is also the time he "borrowed" the G-power software to get the Gintani kt running. After this happend you and Gintani conspired to blame the blown motor on G-power and use the money G-power argeed to pay to rebuild your motor with a Gintani stage 3 build. Shady behavior my friend :thumbsdown: talk about insult to injury as you guys stole their software, caused a ton of negative press for them and charged them to rebuild your motor. All of this info has been confirmed by Jeremy's former employer Powerchip who has documented proof. If anyone wants to validate this feel free to contact Powerchip.

Tightie you said everything in that video is bullshit but from what I have seen those court documents of the lawsuit against Gintani are 100% real, in fact they are public record in the state of California. I downloaded them and read the entire thing. I suggest anyone considering doing business with Gintani to do the same. If you look up the case you will find Alex / Gintani plead guilty to stealing money from pro football player Correy Dillon who brought his car to them for a custom turbo system and are currently paying him pack in installments. The owner of Gintani Alex is former business partners with OSH (Racemarque Systems) so for those of you that have been around for awhile will know where he learned to scam people. The other info about Jeremy AKA "OE tuning" are also true as his criminal record in Australia for drug possession and jail time has been made public along with his VISA application where he lied and said he stated he had never been convicted of a felony. Please explain what part of this info is BS Tightie I would love to hear your explination and how it is you know so much about the inner workings and history of a company you are simply just a "average customer" of. The truth is you Jonmartin, Niterider and Sticky all have a financial / personal interest in Gintani and OE tuning and have been defending their scams and lies on forums for the past year. Im sure Alex called you when he saw this thread and said "you better get in there and defend us or I will never finish your car" so I do not blame you for your efforts.

As far as Sticky I became suspicius of his activities after he started his own website and began to post negative threads about all the vondors that Ginatni / OE tuning compete with. These vendors ranged from software tuners to hardware vendors. Never once with all of the stories going around the internet about OE tuning stealing software and Gintani blowing motors has Sticky ever made a thread on his site about it but as soon as one of Gintani / OE competitors had a small issue it was front page news. Interesting this is the guy who claims he is all about the truth. What also made me aware of Sticky's motives was how he would ban or edit the posts by his site members who would try to defend these vendors from his constant slander. Many of these people actually own these products and would attempt to give first hand knowledge and data to prove him wrong. This is something he is not going to have on his own personal playground and he fixes it when needed. Also if you don't know Sticky "Joseph Wilks" has several accounts on his site that are actually him that he uses to agree and support himself in an attempt to carry out his agendas. You most likely wont see him address this video on his site even though he contacted youtube to have it removed because he knows it's the truth and there are facts to back up the info in it that he simply cannot spin.

Niterider you work for Gintani and also got your kit sponsored so please take your opinion somewhere else. To come in here and say the guy who slapped a lawsuit on Alex for close to $500k is now good friends with him is a joke and you should be ashamed for doing so. Read the paperwork my friend Correy Dillon named Alex and his entire family as active members in that scam and Alex plead guilty. You can say whatever you want but the court documents and Alex pleading guilty tell a different story. Going fast around a track wont cover up for scamming people, stealing software and telling lies my friend :laughhard: do everyone a favor and explain why there is no record of Gintani as a registered business in the state of California. As a Gintani employee you can maybe tell everyone what name they do operate under so potential customers can feel good knowing the vendor they are going to do business with actually exists and is a legally operated company in the state they are having the work done.

Hope this info helps people to have a better understanding of the type of BS that goes on with these here today gone tomorrow vendors and the fake customers that market them on the forums. Do your homework when dealing with a vendor you know little to nothing about. My advice to vendors lying and cheating, don't have guys like Sticky doing your marketing. His behavior and the crap he pulls on good sites like this one will not make you many friends.

Sticky is serisouly a douche and you could see the pwnage coming.

I feel bad for Drew. He's a friend of mine and I know how much he helps to push the FI barrier for BMW's and he definitely doesn't deserve to have his car down due to asshats like gintani.

There's actually another story I would like to know about and thats of Mliner. He originally took his car to RMS for a turbo build, got burned by Osh and took his car to Gintani. At that point in time, it was claimed that Alex of Gintani only rented space from Osh and was no way associated with Osh or RMS. Gintani had apparently got Mliners car working but then something happened and he decided to build his motor. He complained about Gintani not delivering on their word and posted about it on E46.

The real truth?

I'll help you out, get over yourself. Alex didn't even know this thread existed, I got three different text messages saying "hey, did your motor blow" and you just felt like a idiot because that was not true. Want me to make a video too if the picture wasn't good enough?

You want to see one of my dynos? Personally come to Gintani, I will make sure you can log onto the dyno computer and see the countless pulls I have on the dyno, heck, you don't have to steal the dyno files this time, well GIVE you the dyno files so you can go try and stir something up and say somethings wrong or bullshit. Why are you DYING to see my dyno? So I can post it so someone can come crap on my happiness and say something is wrong or try to make something look wrong? I rather not.

I don't give a f*** what sticky says or puts on his site. It's his opinion, his deal. It's not my deal, it's not Gintani's. It's HIS site, HIS opinions.

Oh, since my car blew on Gintani's dyno, it means Jeremy changed the file. Yeah, lets blow up my motor so I can hire multiple lawyers, not having a running car for 9 months. Yeah, thats a great idea. I want my brand new m3 sit in the shop and collect dust instead of driving the **** out of it, enjoying it.

Oh wait, how come theres MULTIPLE blown Gpower cars around the world that don't even know what Gintani is… Go look on M3post, someone just posted YESTERDAY that his Gpower kit is messing up his car, (europe) I have SO many pms from Gpower users telling me their car does not run properly. Wait, my word isn't good all of a sudden. Want screen shots?

Gpower paid for my motor rebuild? Really.. Hm.. Want to go ask Sam at Auto Talent who paid for my motor rebuild? They picked up the whole tab? I wish.

The lawsuit is in ink and writing all over the net, no one is hiding it. Everyone has their own opinion on it. Google Jesse Diakis.

Alex and RMS were not business partners. Jeremy's personal life has nothing to do with mine. Whatever the case is or was, it doesn't change someones ability to do the job.

I know many people who have had drug addictions and have went to rehab and now are clean.. You're telling me you don't know anyone? I wouldn't want to ruin anyone's name so I'll just stop there.

Inner workings and history of the company? Where does this things come from. I am a average customer. I met the owner through a friend many years, I checked out his products when I didn't even own a E92 M3. Sooner or later, I ended up buying products from them, whenever I had a question about anything, If I needed my car picked up and taken to the shop, If I had to pick it up late, anything I ever needed Alex and the guys treat me like friend, not a customer. They always have new products and such that I like to see and learn about. Sorry, that I like cars and these guys are local to me so I'm always in the loop. Everyone is like that. IND is like that with a **** load of their customers but yet when Gintani does it. It's shady and something is fishy. Alex isn't in this for the money, He's been loving cars ever since he was a young guy. It's his hobby and he loves what he does. Alex doesn't call me to come on to some threads, he doesn't care. He has better things to do then sit on the computer and see these bullshit threads come up everyday. He's in the shop, getting work done, working on products and actually doing what a shop owner does. Products will do the speaking when it comes to a company and the customer support if you ever need anything.

Sticky has NOTHING to do with me, gintani, oe tuning or anything. I never knew Joseph, I met him one day and he was asking about my Gpower kit. Thats it. Sure, I check out his website. I don't completely agree with somethings he says or does but hey, that is his opinion and his life. What really blew me away is when someone said Sticky comes to this forum, spams it with Gintani advertisements. I mean, I don't know Sticky much but I really doubt he is going to waste his time making names and promoting for a company when he doesn't get anything out of it. He isn't sponsored, I'm sure he has no problem showing you his receipts and check stubs.

Sorry buddy, your opinion doesn't mean it's a fact.

Are you tired of acting like a child? Making multiple threads everyday other under user names trying SO hard to make a company look bad? Does it bother you that Gintani is a growing company? Isn't it funny how they are slowly blowing up and more and more of these threads go up? Videos?

Do you see any other company running a high boost S65?

I'll repeat this again, have you ever had a personal transaction with Gintani even?

I don't know what Sticky does or doesn't do. That's his business. I really doubt he would come onto here and spam with Gintani advertisements. He wouldn't benefit from that. Maybe spam your site with a link to his, okay... That might be believable.

I simply said, if Ian doesn't like what Sticky has to say then he doesn't have to go on his website. I doubt he posts anywhere else. It's his own site, he has his own following and m3post has it's own. No need to get offended, just thought that would make sense.

I know Ian and Sticky are going against each other for the ulimate bmw blogger, maybe that has something to do with all this extreme hate against one another? I mean if I got 60k a year, a free bmw car every six months, yeah I would do everything in my power to make the other person look bad.

Hey, I could be wrong but it's just my opinion. :agree:

For those that want to look into the lawsuit this is the info. As you can see Alex and his family are directly listed as defendants. Innocent people do not settle and agree to pay restitution.

LOS ANGELES COUNTY – STANLEY MOSK COURTHOUSE
Case No.: BC403424
COREY J. DILLON,
Plaintif
Vs
GINTANI MINI WORKS, INC., a California corporation; SARO MARUKOGLU, a/k/a SARO MARUKIAN, an individual; ALEX MARUKIAN, a/k/a ALEX MARUKOGLU, an individual; ARNO MARUKIAN, a/k/a ARNO MARUKOGLU, an individual; and DOES I through 20, inclusive,
Defendants.

Gintani aquired close to $500k from Corey Dillon when they were doing business as Gintani Mini Works. This is when they did business out of Osh's building and during this time Alex and Osh were partners. Shortly after they aquired these bonus funds Alex closed the company down and re-opened under the Gintani brand and set his sights on the E90 M3 market with plans to release a supercharger. This project car was taken from M-fest to Bimmerfest to show people that they had a kit but aside from some bolted on hardware they never produced any dynos or performance data. The problem for Alex was that he could fab up hardware but he knew 0 about tuning so he needed to find someone to make his car run.

Enter Jeremy Fleming who at this time was working as a file loader for Powerchips. Jeremy's job at Powerchips was to get files from their real tuner in Australia and load them in customers cars, basically be a face for the company and tell customers what they wanted to hear. Jeremy being the good salesman he is at some point convinced Alex that he can tune his products and this began the relationship between the two. First it started with Jeremy using Powerchips files under the Gintani name. He would go into these files and make small changes and call it custom tuning but because he has a very limited knowledge of real tuning most of the time these random changes result in cars to lose power. Aside from a few small setbacks this was quick easy money for both parties and was going well for until Powerchips found out and fired Jeremy. Jeremy had by this time raided the powerchip tuning files and created a nice portfolio he could now start his own business with.

Enter OE tuning which was the company Gintani helped get started and run out of their shop for Jeremy to resell his aquired Powerchip files. The real prize for Gintani was that Jeremy was able to aquire the G-power supercharger file from Tighties car when we was attempting to re-tune it for more power. I will re-post a quote posted by the owner of Powerchip on another forum to describe the series of events in his own words. Feel free to contact Powerchips to verify this information.

"I can confirm that Jeremy Fleming read a supercharged M3 that had Gpower software fitted, and did so whilst he was working for us. He did so without the companies knowledge or consent. This stolen file was then used as a base for other supercharged cars.

This was being done while Jeremy was not entitled to earn income from outside our company.

Powerchip has never been paid for the work on the supercharged m3's that was being done at Gintani whilst Jeremy was contracted to work solely for Powerchip.

The Gintani "crew" including people like John Martin called Jeremy's secret work "ghost tuning". When a hidden folder was found containing the files which had been completed (but Powerchip never aware of or paid for) we made a record of the information in an excel spreadsheet.

After we advised Jeremy that his services were no longer required because we found tge hidden folder called "YO", we contacted Alex from Gintani by telephone and advised him that I had become aware that Jeremy was providing him with tuning. Alex stated to me that despite us having dates and in some cases VIN numbers, that we would never be able to prove that the work was done for Gintani.

It was then that Alex told me he carries a gun for protection, and that I should stop that line of inquiry."

Now with the hardware and software in place Gintani / OE tuning needed some marketing.

Enter Sticky and friends. There was a small group of customers who were sponsored with product and money with the expectation that these people would flood the forums with raving reviews of all things Gintani / OE tuning and also go into competing vendors threads and create doubt and trouble for them. This tactic has served Gintani well as they have used these individuals to promote a product that has been born from criminal behavior and lies. Most of these people have been banned from the main forums which created a problem for the Gintani marketing machine.

Enter BB website. Sticky's ability to start his own website with others who have been banned from the mainstream forums has allowed the marketing machine to get back online. As this video has stated Sticky and his website is nothing more than a personal playground designed to deliver his marketing agenda to anyone that will visit by any means he feels necessary.

Tightie you seem like an ok guy who is being held hostage by a vendor who cant finish your car. My advise would be to stop digging a hole for yourself by defending criminals. You say that Sticky has nothing to do with Gintani and OE tuning but the 2 headline sponsors with banners and posts including group buys and promos all over his site are Gintani and OE tuning ?? You claim a 3rd party was the reason behind the lawsuit but they are not listed as a defendant?? I would say this is an attempt by you to repeat what you have been told to say considering you were not even a customer of Ginatni's when this event took place.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Holy $h!t my head's spinning! :confused3

Ranger

1 - 20 of 30 Posts