BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to put in a hard drive stereo into my M5 (from 93), it has a professional rds system in it, the one with the dot matrix orange display and a 6 cd changer in the boot, HOW on earth do you take it out???!?!

I know some people have installed after market stereos, so please let me know the answer to this riddle.

Regards

J

·
Registered
687 Posts
Jahangeer said:
I am about to put in a hard drive stereo into my M5 (from 93), it has a professional rds system in it, the one with the dot matrix orange display and a 6 cd changer in the boot, HOW on earth do you take it out???!?!

I know some people have installed after market stereos, so please let me know the answer to this riddle.
Behind the detachable front, there is two small holes, if you press something in there, it will realease the locking thingies..

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Donati said:
Behind the detachable front, there is two small holes, if you press something in there, it will realease the locking thingies..
-------------------------------

There are also two small torque screws which I loosened - in conjunction with your advice - it worked - thanks Donati.

Now got to get the new stereo in....eeesh.

Regards

James

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.