BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people

Has anyone fitted an aftermarket stereo? I am having problems fitting mine in, there is 20mm remaining to push in, ie its too long compared to the original. I have removed a small part of the lining behind the stereo, but the wiring from the new stereo is quite thick as I have connected a new Gas amp with all new wiring through to the speakers, it was all fitted professionally, but they said the only way to get the stereo in would be to remove the plastic pipes in the dash which carry the air in the circulation system.

They did a great job on the actual connections etc.

Has anyone removed the plastic pipe ever, and replaced it with something smaller like flexi tubing etc. Or had similar problems with fitting a stereo in this abnormally unnaccomodating space.

Regards

J

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Jahangeer said:
Hi people

Has anyone fitted an aftermarket stereo? I am having problems fitting mine in, there is 20mm remaining to push in, ie its too long compared to the original. I have removed a small part of the lining behind the stereo, but the wiring from the new stereo is quite thick as I have connected a new Gas amp with all new wiring through to the speakers, it was all fitted professionally, but they said the only way to get the stereo in would be to remove the plastic pipes in the dash which carry the air in the circulation system.

They did a great job on the actual connections etc.

Has anyone removed the plastic pipe ever, and replaced it with something smaller like flexi tubing etc. Or had similar problems with fitting a stereo in this abnormally unnaccomodating space.

Regards

J
Hi!!
I took mine off last summer, when I dismantled the centre part of the dash to change some bulbs etc. After this I had really hard time getting the stereo in, also apr.2cm remaining outside. The problem weren`t the stereo cables, but the cables and wires inside the dash. Those intruded badly with the stereo space. Luckily there was some slack in those so I could mowe the thickest connections to the sides and under the stereo space. After that the stereo went in without problem...

:cheers:
Sakke

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DrSakke said:
Hi!!
I took mine off last summer, when I dismantled the centre part of the dash to change some bulbs etc. After this I had really hard time getting the stereo in, also apr.2cm remaining outside. The problem weren`t the stereo cables, but the cables and wires inside the dash. Those intruded badly with the stereo space. Luckily there was some slack in those so I could mowe the thickest connections to the sides and under the stereo space. After that the stereo went in without problem...

:cheers:
Sakke
-------------

Its ridiculously cramped in there, BMW what were you thinking???

I will give it another try and move the thicker Amplifier wires somehow.

I have even considered cutting out the pipe thats in the way - but will avoid this tillI am fresh out of other ideas. damnnn!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts