BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a copy of the extras fitted to my car and it mentions 'Steptronic Paddles'? I don't know that my car has these and suspect there's an error in the dealers database.
I believe these paddles are them which are fitted to the steering wheel?
Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
732 Posts
What car are you driving? It says you have a 92 Alpina, which would not have paddles, and it also says that you have a 2002 535i, which I am thinking you must have done an N54 swap in order to have that in your car, since they did not manufacture these from factory, please let us know what car you are talking about.

Edit - The US did not get the 535, after a search I see it was a variant of the M62. I said N54 because that is currently the 3/5/Z435i is the 3.0 N54.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What car are you driving? It says you have a 92 Alpina, which would not have paddles, and it also says that you have a 2002 535i, which I am thinking you must have done an N54 swap in order to have that in your car, since they did not manufacture these from factory, please let us know what car you are talking about.
Hi Hunter,

Yes it's the e39 535 it is mentioned in the spec sheet!

·
Registered
732 Posts
I unfortunately can not help you with that, since it was never offered in the US. I would just call your local BMW dealer and give them the vin and ask them about the option.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you think of 'Paddles' i would have thought there would be paddles behind the steering wheel??

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
confused on the e39 M5 or E52 Z8 content here?

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Perhaps not the relevant forum but that's OK (with me!).

Anyway, no factory E39 had paddles fitted with Steptronic. I have seen a few retrofits, however.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Perhaps not the relevant forum but that's OK (with me!).

Anyway...
to each their own ;)

I'd just like to see some consistancy (either way) with thread towing.
cherrsagai

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Pulsapharer, you are in the wrong forum period. This is the second thread I have read that you created that has nothing to do with E39 M5's nor E52 Z8's or anything at all on M5Board.com.

Perhaps try Bimmerforums.com - The Ultimate BMW Forum or

bmw e39 forum - Google Search

You will probably have better luck getting help over there with your Model specific questions but feel free to stop by for more E39 general discussions.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Let the bloke post about his V8 E39- who damn well cares.

Fact is there is a wealth of knowledge here about E39's (and V8 E39's)- the people here know a lot about E39's, and there is no better forum than here for him to post his question.

He's come to the right place, wrongly or rightly, and he shouldn't be turned away for it.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Let the bloke post about his V8 E39- who damn well cares.

Fact is there is a wealth of knowledge here about E39's (and V8 E39's)- the people here know a lot about E39's, and there is no better forum than here for him to post his question.

He's come to the right place, wrongly or rightly, and he shouldn't be turned away for it.
I TOTALLY AGREE with you - just want it to be fair as there are many many other threads that have been yanked/towed due to "non M content issues" (specifically non M e39 posts).

So I say ask away....but beware of mods doing the clickity-click-click magic mouse drag and drop...:biggrin:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I've attached a copy of the spec sheet I received from the dealers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts