BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a M5 but family car, my wife has a 04 cooper had new tires put on, rides great she goes around corner accelerating hard now the wheel shimmys.
1 person in car hard shimmy 2 people in hardly anything.
we just put new springs and shocks in 18 oz wheels.
Any help would be great so i can go home and get supper

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
my guess is the rotors got very hot and someone put the parking brake on and now you have slightly worped rotors..just a guess..
slowcar said:
Not a M5 but family car, my wife has a 04 cooper had new tires put on, rides great she goes around corner accelerating hard now the wheel shimmys.
1 person in car hard shimmy 2 people in hardly anything.
we just put new springs and shocks in 18 oz wheels.
Any help would be great so i can go home and get supper

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gilmores m5 said:
my guess is the rotors got very hot and someone put the parking brake on and now you have slightly worped rotors..just a guess..[

thought about brakes i brakes for 180kph to 40 let go off wheel no pull no shimmy..1 week old brembo grand turismos:confused2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,983 Posts
slowcar said:
gilmores m5 said:
my guess is the rotors got very hot and someone put the parking brake on and now you have slightly worped rotors..just a guess..[

thought about brakes i brakes for 180kph to 40 let go off wheel no pull no shimmy..1 week old brembo grand turismos:confused2
Looks like you changed wheels, tires shocks and springs. A lot of variables. Swap front and rear wheels and see if that isolates the problem. Make sure springs and shocks are properly installed and properly secured. Are there bump stops that came with the shocks that have to be swapped out? Is the ride height correct? Also check wheel bearings. On BMW's, often the front thrust bushings go back and cause a shimmy that feels like wheel out of balance. Not sure on your car.
Regards,
Jerry
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top