BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For the past couple weeks I have been going back and fourth on the input I have been getting from the steering wheel. Turns/curves the steering wheel gets a little shake or vibration not violent just enough to feel the sensation while in the turn, while going straight its flawless. I had a slightly bent front left wheel which I got replaced. The steering sensation is still present. I took off my H&R spacers, it was still present. The spacers fit tightly so there is no concern for shimmy but either way it was not there with spacers on or off. I did an alignment yesterday still there and balanced the wheels today, guess what its still there. Its very slight and only occurs to me in the curves/turns. Nothing under braking or going straight.

Anyone else feel this in there steering wheel before?

Taking it to the dealer to see if it should be a concern or not. I'm not sure if it could be the H&R springs and something with the install. Any input is welcome. or I am just thinking the car should feel like a lexus but just wondering if that slight steering rumble/shake/vibration is just normal input from the car to driver, just don't remember feeling it a couple months back.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hm, its not brake warp, and its not a tire balance issue. No bent rims. Maybe, just maybe, check your power steering fluid, as a possible low level could create "shutter" while it is being pressurized. Maybe top it off or even flush it to see if that has any influence on the driving sensation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts