BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Trying to get a used steering box to send off to get renovated at Power Steering Services.
I am trying to figure out whether a guy who is breaking his 3,8 here in Sweden, has the ZF Servotronic Steering box, I asked him to send a photo (as attached) but I cannot tell where the box is - can anyone help point it out - if indeed it is on the photo attached below...

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Jahangeer, the steering box is more or less in the centre of the picture, sort of square ended thing with 2 bolts visible and hydralic pipe above and attached to it. I doubt you can tell from that pic if iis the right box, there should be an id plate on it try to get the seller to take a picture of the plate. What you've got there could be anything.

Phil.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Phlem5 said:
Jahangeer, the steering box is more or less in the centre of the picture, sort of square ended thing with 2 bolts visible and hydralic pipe above and attached to it. I doubt you can tell from that pic if iis the right box, there should be an id plate on it try to get the seller to take a picture of the plate. What you've got there could be anything.

Phil.
-----------------

Thanks Phlem5

I will contact him for the number - it should begin with "ZF..." I have been told, does anyone know whether I can tell if its Servotronic from the serial number?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts