BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum - feel free to move it...

I just found out that Stealth One's are available again, but it looks like it's a limited production run. I have no affiliation with this company but I just thought I'd let you guys know...

http://www.stealthone.biz/

·
Registered
8,153 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
With the Stealth One you get to mute your Valentine radar directly from the steering wheel.

This alone makes it a must have device!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Can someone list out the benefits over the remote display unit?

any cons? can still use map function? Does it burn in the display?

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Can someone list out the benefits over the remote display unit?

any cons? can still use map function? Does it burn in the display?
Benefits: No external display box, completely invisible installation. Couple it with a stealth V1 install and a cut off switch and no one will ever know you have a radar detector.

All functions of the system still work - the S1 only displays information on the screen if/when there is an alert - otherwise you won't even know it is there. Therefore, no burn in.

d-

·
Registered
109 Posts
define a stealth installation.

I just have mine suctioned cupped high near the rear view mirror. Hardwired RJ45 for power.

Where would be stealth for the m5 and still get good front back coverage?

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
define a stealth installation.

I just have mine suctioned cupped high near the rear view mirror. Hardwired RJ45 for power.

Where would be stealth for the m5 and still get good front back coverage?
I've seen them mounted on the rear deck underneath the fabric and in the UGDO location that are completely invisible.

If you don't want to go that far, then high on the driver's side hidden by the sunvisor or high and behind the mirror are also good locations, although both compromise rear sensitivity.

d-

·
Registered
109 Posts
seriously pardon my stupidity (bushed at work)

I've seen them mounted on the rear deck underneath the fabric and in the UGDO location that are completely invisible.

if it is under the fabric, then don't u lose laser detection?

What is the UGDO?

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
seriously pardon my stupidity (bushed at work)

if it is under the fabric, then don't u lose laser detection?

What is the UGDO?
Yes, but laser detection is worthless -- all it tells you is that you are getting a ticket, not that you can do anything about it.

UGDO already answered :)

d-

·
13,589 Posts
Both, but it will affect laser more. Radar will also be affected, but still functional. The mirror would be the worst since it contains metallic particles. Unless your head does also it should be better :)

d-

Never really noticed any difference in radar, so it probably margina. I did, however, notice the laser detection from the rear kinda drop off. and Im pretty sure there's metal in my head somewhere, but its probably just good old nonreflective lead

1 - 20 of 46 Posts