BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm an avid reader of Evo and in particular Richard Porter's "Petrol Head" column, which is the first article I read each month. In the current edition he not only takes the pi*s out of nasty fake M cars in brilliant style, but "salutes" an E39 M5 owner he spotted in West London, with a 518i badge on the bootlid!

Does anyone know who this M5 belongs to? (Ashok??) Has anyone told him he inspired an entire article in a major league performance car magazine?? Grab a copy - if you're on this board, I guarantee it'll make you smile :hihi:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Not mine Barney but I like the style. I read that article too and giggled - I think I'll send in a letter and tell them about my run in with the police over this. By the way, here's mine in all it's glory:

·
Registered
426 Posts
While I am running without a trunk lid badge now, I'd love to get my hands on a 518i or 520i badge. Anyone got one they would like to sell me? PM me here!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Brilliant.........this could be the new craze. We give all our M5 badges to the Chav's who want people to think they're driving somthing they're not, and we take their 518/520 badges in exchange. I can just see there faces........"Wanna swap your 518/520 badge for my M5 badge..................Errr"

·
Registered
187 Posts
I once saw an E34 M5 in dark green (grey side skirts two chrome exhausts and 3.8 alloys) on the M6 near Blackpool - probably 10 years ago now, but it stuck in my mind.

it was simply badged 'Tds' geddit? I gave the guy big thumbs up.... I thought it was super cool, although my mate next to me in the car though I was mad giving a guy in diesel a thumbs up......I guess he's not the target audience for this kind of statement and isn't as savvy as Porter in EVO......

Thinking of changing mine now.....

Cheers

TrickyTrev

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts