1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Well a decision has been:lightbulb:

The beloved is staying.:M5launch:

I have decided to keep the e34 and out the e39 to make way for the forth coming Range Rover,,,,,,,Diesel:eek:oohhh:

Before the abuse starts rolling in here goes..

Took the e34 out the other week after not driving for 3 months and WOW. she still has it:applause:. The e39 is a great car in every way, but, i know i could get one any time, the e34 however is a fantastic car and i dont believe i could find an acceptable one as quick. I know all the work done to mine and have great belief when driving her that she wont skip a beat.

The thrill of driving the e39 is still a big grin factor. I still marvel at how she still pulls like a train all the way to 165 (there is MORE but running out of road and a fear of things going wrong stops me venturing beyond) and very steady at that speed. On the GPS not the speedo that was showing over 170,
and to tell the truth eyes on road more the requirement:eek:oohhh::eek:oohhh:

well for the foreseable future she stays (and the new forthcoming house has room for 5 cars on the drive) so plenty of room:applause:

now to let go of the e39:1zhelp:

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Congratulations on a heart felt decision Mr Mac ......I know of at least 2 board members that are seeking a nice E39 M5 !

D

·
Registered
624 Posts
That must have been a hard decision to come to. I am sure you will get good money for the e39 as from what I remember she is very clean. Will you be putting her back to standard or leaving your well noted exhaust on ????? Good luck with the sale............I couldnt do it!! but needs must I guess.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Interesting that you should choose to let the E39 go instead of the E34. If I was in your position ( and I'm not, my others are a Triumph Stag in bits awaiting a small block Chevy and an ancient Volvo estate which is useful for fence panels and similiar ) I think I would have done the same. The E34 would not be easily replaced and even less so in the future. I'm certainly planning on holding on to mine.

:cheers:

ralph (vadas1)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Your E39 is lovely so I can't think of much more
credit to the E34 than the decision you've made.

I've just parted with my Mk3 Mini today:sad2:
but it means I've got tons of space to work on the M5 again!:applause:

I'm sure your E39 will find a good home.

:)

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi essex boy

will sell with the Dinan CAI, back box and SS Xpipe, will supply originals with car. Just renewed the BMW Warranty so should get a decent price looking whats out there.

Alan

With regard to finding a good home i find i would be more fussy with the e34

Here she is

Attachments

·
Registered
832 Posts
Hi Steve !

I know exactly where you're coming from :)

I initially toyed with the idea of an E39 M5 as oppossed to the E34.

What swayed it for me was the fact that I felt the E34 to be a more "special" car than the E39.

The Touring I bought from Stevie Sam has an "old world" feel to it that I don't think can be replicated. Every time I get into the car it's a special experience....the smell and feel of the Connolly leather, the bespoke nature all add up.....I guess the E34's are all about passion and cannot rationalized !

To sum it up...my dad asked me today why I would spend so much to bring such an old car to Nigeria.....my response.......Dad, I can't explain it to you, BMW M is a philosphy that you either buy into or you don't....end of story !:)

All the best with your looming sale.....the car looks really good !

Cheers

Erik

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hi essex boy

will sell with the Dinan CAI, back box and SS Xpipe, will supply originals with car. Just renewed the BMW Warranty so should get a decent price looking whats out there.

Hi steve and damn!! I was hoping your ss x pipe would be up for grabs!! but then again im sorta glad its not as I have more important things to tend to and I shouldnt be looking at toys really.
What treads are you running? the tread pattern looks great:M5thumbs:

With the added bonus of bmw warranty it wont be around for long!! :M5launch:

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bridgestone SO2s like them. find them great a bit firm but a good all rounder.

The X pipe is a CHEEEEAP mod!! £250 iirc from CA Automotive. the dinan stuff however was not:eek:oohhh:

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Hi Steve,

the best part of all this is driving the e34 after you have been wafting about in the rangey....

if you think it feels good now, wait til you drive it after that thing!

Driving my supercharged RR, makes the e34 feel even better than i ever remeber!

Enjoy

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts