BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so we all know that about 2.5 weeks ago a negligent driver rearended me and pretty much looks olike it ended the life of my car. HOWEVER one of the local bodyshops insists with the part5s he can rebuild her. He does not read english soooooo what would my parts list look like just from looking at the images in my other thread. I know how to use realoem.com however i dont know the avalibility of the parts on there. Does some of them exhist or am i living a pipe dream and hoping that i can resurect my car?

I know that the major ones are the Trunk pan assembly and rear quarter panels do those exhist anymore they are listed on realoem.com. Can any of our German friends help me out?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I'm sorry to say Ginger that I personally wouldn't want to have that car repaired. You might be able to get a decent cosmetic result if you spend enough time/money on it but I doubt the car will ever drive as well as before the crash. The main skeleton of the car has taken a serious hit and its going to be a lot more damage than it appears once you start taking bits off.

I'm all for ignoring the maths when it comes to saving one of these wonderful machines but I sadly think yours is toast. In saying that I would love to be wrong on this one.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
From my limited mechanical experience and basing my assumptions on common sense - I too would avoid trying to repair this sort of damage. Your best bet is a re-shell and you may find the car turns out better than before.

Lantz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.