BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,,I stand corrected, I just got off the phone with BMW and my car is STATUS 155 waiting for final inspection and will be finished by TUESDAY! It will then sit and wait until the boat is full, then it will sit in the United States Port for a couple of weeks waiting for the US to let the dealers have it.

They are head of schedule but don't get you hopes up too high, I am thinking early OCT to Mid OCT...

FLOYD

·
Registered
331 Posts
m5floyd said:
Ok,,I stand corrected, I just got off the phone with BMW and my car is STATUS 155 waiting for final inspection and will be finished by TUESDAY! It will then sit and wait until the boat is full, then it will sit in the United States Port for a couple of weeks waiting for the US to let the dealers have it.

They are head of schedule but don't get you hopes up too high, I am thinking early OCT to Mid OCT...

FLOYD

Thats great Floyd! My car went status 150 the very same day yours did, so mine is probably 155 as well. Looks like we will be driving soon! :wroom:

·
Registered
331 Posts
chaos270 said:
Which port are they coming into?

I assume Floyds is going to S.C. and mine is coming to NJ

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is correct, mine is headed for "Charlie Town" for those of us that have lived in Charleston....what a town....Hint for single guys, I will let the cat out of the bag "been a big secret". Because of the 2 medical schools in Charleston, the city is 9-1 ratio. Girls are so agressive, no game needed. It is nice to see how a girl feels when at a bar.

Floyd, I am happy and married now, but what a town for any age.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
:2: I think I have to go there next time to USA. NYC was nice anyway :2:

m5floyd said:
That is correct, mine is headed for "Charlie Town" for those of us that have lived in Charleston....what a town....Hint for single guys, I will let the cat out of the bag "been a big secret". Because of the 2 medical schools in Charleston, the city is 9-1 ratio. Girls are so agressive, no game needed. It is nice to see how a girl feels when at a bar.

Floyd, I am happy and married now, but what a town for any age.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
gustav, feel free to stop by us folks in new england :) we will show you a thing or two.. or three... :thumbsup:

btw, how come my car is still "on order" according to the bmwusa web site? i am getting one of the first cars at my local dealership, but my car hasnt even being built... grrrrrrr i feel neglected :sad2: i will miss the first ship grrrrrrr

anybody can help and put up a good word? :D just kiddin...

alex
few cars

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
first ship leaves to Charleston on TUE, Wed for Jersey. Second ship leaves for Charleston on 9/11. I hope i make TUE's ship.

Floyd

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Thanks! Ive stayed in Cambridge for 6 weeks, I really love Boston as well.

AJ said:
gustav, feel free to stop by us folks in new england :) we will show you a thing or two.. or three... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Are you guys using "Owners circle" to follow production and is it accurate?

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
m5floyd said:

FLOYD
Do you know what the original production week was and was it accurate or did the get you car done sooner. Also, I think that wait here must be until the cars are released as new 2006 models because it shouldn't sit that long.
Maybe some later builds will arrive at the dealers at the same time.

I hope for October builds the cars will get here pretty quickly. For example my July 00 build E39 was delivered on July 31 to me.

I pray the engine gods give us a good one. May your smg put you back in your seat and not push you out of it.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The OC is realy inaccurate and delayed and doesn't give you all the codes. Call your sales person every other day an he will log into the system live and give you the real scoop. He even told me that my car was put in the system 7:03 a.m. on the day I called. I will be giving my sales guys a nice gift for the running arournd I give him, I am always calling and he is always helping with a smile...

Floyd

·
Registered
992 Posts
m5floyd said:
It is nice to see how a girl feels when at a bar.
Isn't that illegal? Oh, I remember those days...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
New update for M5's come out at 3:00 pm Easter today...I willl let you all know my new status...currently is 155FLOYD

1 - 14 of 14 Posts