BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the starter button from Discovery? It looks like a simple mod, but would love to hear anyone's experience.

I didn't find anything using the search. Am I the only one who thinks this would be a cool mod?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Cool mod. I'm curious too. Maybe Shadowman will share the installation instructions with us since he is the vendor.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Maybe i should add here since im the only one shadowman installed the starter button for. Its easy and simple, just turn the key system on and press the button. No hickups no nothing... an excellent mod kinggf

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
You guys who are so determined and excited about spending money on silly stuff ought to take up racing. hiha It's a lot more fun and ups your car spending by at least a factor of 10. And you loathe having to deviate so much as a nickle on your street ride.

Ask me about the piston I holed in my 356 yesterday at VIR...suspect it will set me back about $5k...happy to get it done. On the other hand, spending on my M5 for anything other than routine maintenance would bring me to tears...
:grrrr: :grrrr: :grrrr:

Ub
00 M5
99 996
64 356C race
64 356C street
76 930

·
10,458 Posts
it is apparently not a difficult mod, i've seen a number of e36's at track days with the start button. Discovery sells it in "kit form" i believe, as long as you're comfortable cutting at the dash.
Mike

·
Registered
770 Posts
mottati said:
it is apparently not a difficult mod, i've seen a number of e36's at track days with the start button. Discovery sells it in "kit form" i believe, as long as you're comfortable cutting at the dash.
Mike
Actually the kit fits into the cig lighter hole :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts