BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a carbon black/black/aluminum trim M5 which was produced last week to be p/u in late June at the performaance delivery center. I'm located in Wilmington,NC.

My dealer wants to charge $1900 for the phone and install kit and promises a software update for the voice activation coming soon. I've read on the site and had friends buy the same phone for their 740 for $800 (4oo for phone & 400 for install kit).

What is the right price and has anyone gotten it from a dealer in NC?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Not sure about voice recognition, but the current phone installed should cost $1500 MAX!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My dealer (in Portland OR) quoted $1300.

I do hate the fact that BMW (and MBZ for
that matter) lock quo into a particular
make/model. I have a Nokia 8160 and wouldn't
exchange it for a StarTAC in a million years.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Who is your dealer in Portland: Rasmussan or Kuni?

I haven't been able to get a price from Kuni; haven't tried Rasmussan.

Bob

·
Registered
73 Posts
sagnoff: DO NOT PAY $1900 for that phone! $1500 is List Price!!! I have heard $900 to $1500 max. The upgrase from BMW (voice activation) is coming soon and will probably be free. Most likely only a small speaker and software. After spending what you did for your car, they should kiss your *** if you want to spend some more on the phone...but not gouge you. Offer them $1200, no more. By the way, the phone we all got is proprietary...your other Startac if you have one will not work in the car (see previous posts).

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for info. What dealer in SC did you get phone at.Maybe I'll get it done when I do M5 experience.

·
Registered
73 Posts
sagnoff: Century BMW put in the phone. Call Skip Hall (Sales Manager) and tell him Dave Jet Black/Caramel sent you. They should do it for 1200. But, make sure they have it in stock. They were hard to get several months ago. Installation takes a couple of hours. One point to the contrary...if you get your phone installed when delivered, the 4yr/50K warranty applies. If it is installed after delivery, you only get the 1 yr parts warranty. I know the phone will be obsolete in 4 years, but it is something to think about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts