BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently put the new digital star tac phone in my M5 and it works fine except 2 features the TOP 8 feature and the LAST NUMBERS dialed feature DO NOT work any input would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Oops, I guess mr Holmstrands reply got in the wrong subject.

I post it on the correct one.

Is there any such site with technical/service data, such as an install guide?
Reference my reply on same thread:
I have both a BMW CPT700 phone and an AT&T StarTac dual-band digital phone. Both work fine with auto-muting radio/CD/tape and speakers and microphone, but neither work with MID or steering-wheel buttons.
However, I'd like to make the MID work, and I think that this is part is the key, but can anyone tell me where it goes?

Description: Adapter Wire (up to 01/00)
Part Number: 84 11 0 009 112
Price: $14.75

It is part of the CPT7000 installation kit for pre-January 2000 M5. No instructions for installation were included with the kit and the local BMW dealership is clueless.

[By the way, please look at my 2 July 2000 post entitled "The CPT7000 Digital Phone System Web Site (which can be directly accessed at www.bmwm5.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000575.html

Once there, you will see that BMW offers the CPT7000 for many of the different networks across the US (i.e. CDMA and TDMA, etc.). However, they don't offer an "AT&T" version (unlike Motorola themselves who now build a dedicated, mass-market "AT&T-compatible" non-OE BMW, non-OE Mercedes StarTac).[/B][/QUOTE]

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
25 Posts
Jeff I had the same problem with my BMW StarTak It turned out that they installed the phone as the second phone. It must be the primary phone for those two features to work. Once they re-installed me phone as the primary phone everything works ok. Hope this helps

Doug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts