BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opporutnity on a m5 on my color combo except is does not have full leather and soft close doors
Now I have a 911 with full leather so I can appreicate every door surface and dash coated in leather but doesn't make the car go faster.
Anyway Im looking for a pic of the headliner thats not black alcantara. What color is it gray? Or black but just fabric not pseudo suede

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would you buy without Full leather??
Mike

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
The full leather reminds you that this is a 100k 'luxurious' beast. IMO its a must have.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
The full leather reminds you that this is a 100k 'luxurious' beast. IMO its a must have.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Yep, I would absolutely not settle for anything but the full leather. I remember going to look at M5's at a few dealerships after mine was totaled, and a couple of them did not have the extended leather. The doors panels, pillars, dash, and headliner reminded me of a 3 series. If you are spending the bucks for the car you better do it right! :)

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
The color of the cloth liner is "anthracite". I know this b/c my dealer was very confused by the difference between "anthracite" and "alcantara" when I was inquiring if I could get the headliner without the full leather.

BTW, anthracite is a dark grey and you should absolutely get the full leater. I did it just for the headliner and I love the leather surfaces. I would absolutely have regretted not getting it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update-I just ordered Space Gray with full black leather and olive ash trim
Mike

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Congrats. You are in for the ride of your life!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Full leather provides more of a luxury car appearance, while standard leather more of sports car feel.

With standard leather, partial back of front seats, lower door panels, part of center console & dash top are high grade black plastic. Full leather option covers all. Ultrasuede (alcantara) vs high grade felt (anthracite) headliner.

Before I bought my '06, none of the dealerships could tell me the differences between the two options. The salesman who sold me the car suggested standard leather, as he'd seen leather dashes shrink & crack in our part of the country (TX).

At first I was mildly disappointed in the standard leather package as I had migrated from a luxury sedan. Over time I've grown to appreciate the three tone (Sepang, olive ash & black) muscle car interior. If I had the decision to make over, would choose the same option.

Yes, full leather is a nice look. However, if you'd like a harder edge, M machine look, check out the standard package before signing on the dotted line.

997 Turbo or GT3? You can't go wrong with either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts