Registered
9,355 Posts

·
4,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
no idea if the K makes a difference, other than the rolling and plain bearing mention on the website
You could call and ask.

Why are you searching for this particular kind of lubricant, though? If it's that close, maybe they can give you a smaller size.

·
4,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could call and ask.

Why are you searching for this particular kind of lubricant, though? If it's that close, maybe they can give you a smaller size.
need it for the ABS sensors on all 4 wheels

i pulled mine and wiped the sensors down

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
What is your app? One is a bearing grease and one is lubricating grease choose the one that best suits your app. Properties get changed for different apps. Bearing grease often has things in it that would make it less suitable for lubing say a slider, might bunch up. The opposite is true also lub grease does not like to bond to the roller in a bearing when underload.

·
4,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is your app? One is a bearing grease and one is lubricating grease choose the one that best suits your app. Properties get changed for different apps. Bearing grease often has things in it that would make it less suitable for lubing say a slider, might bunch up. The opposite is true also lub grease does not like to bond to the roller in a bearing when underload.
BMW TIS says STABURAGS NBU 12 K, this is going on the ABS sensor itself not the bearing

BMW TIS - 34 52 535 Replacing a rear pulse generator
BMW TIS - 34 52 525 Replacing a front pulse generator
BMW TIS - 34 52 535 Replacing a rear pulse generator

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Bearing grease has properties to keep it together(binds) that might be what they are looking for. Lubricating grease has properties to flow.
I never read the TIS when I replaced mine but used brake caliper lube which has great non creeping or binding properties. Clear/white stuff looks like vaseline.

·
4,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Very similar to what I used. I think all you are trying to do is keep the dirt out. That stuff stays where you put it. You would not want your brake lube creeping to places it should not go.
Dirt and open space is what killed mine. Dirt then water got in and froze, crushed the sensor. Had to drill them out they were so stuck. They would have a list of all their common products and would choose the best properties even if it was over kill.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can buy G.Beslux Plex BAR M-2 from Brugarolas SA Spain

You can buy Brugarolas SA Spain G.Beslux Plex BAR M-2 against this Kluber product which is same type of base oil and thickner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts