BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now i have this and i have done some searching... i think this updates the firmware on all the modules on the car if im correct??? if i am correct what advantages does this bring? any new features or anything? like mp3 playback lol ;)

thanks

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm not sure if there will be many updates for your vehicle, unless you really want to re-encode your entire car. You can set car/key memory prefs, activate your rear airbags if you have them, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Now i have this and i have done some searching... i think this updates the firmware on all the modules on the car if im correct??? if i am correct what advantages does this bring? any new features or anything? like mp3 playback lol ;)

thanks

MP3 playback is a hardware issue. BMW sells an MP3-CD changer.

You can code preferences and update software on DME and other modules. Updating the DME in your case may be a bad idea because it would erase any tune that may be required to run LPG.

Make sure when coding the DME or any other module that you are hooked to a HIGH QUALITY battery charger that outputs a steady voltage!!!!!! I have seen control units fried from even small voltage fluctuations.

·
Premium Member
13,589 Posts

thanks
That is incorrect. MP3 playback is a hardware limitation, you'll need the appropriate changer and the updated BM53 (or BM54 if you're in europe).

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Activating/deactivation the airbags does not work with Progman/SSS as you need to type in a car specific code.Only dealerships get it from the factory.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Activating/deactivation the airbags does not work with Progman/SSS as you need to type in a car specific code.Only dealerships get it from the factory.
I activated my rear door airbags with SSS v32 (after plugging them in). The rear side curtains are what prompt for the specific codes.

·
Registered
121 Posts

thanks
nope.
on the pre-MOST bus cars the only programmable modules are the DME, SMG, EGS.
and like others have said, mp3 is a hw issue. and if you are running a custom tune for LPG, SSS will set you back to factory petrol.
the only fun thing you can do with SSS is car key memory settings.
what you need is NCS/EDIABAS and a good understanding of the German language.
head over to bimmerforums under the diagnostic software section and start reading :D
-Pat

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
I activated my rear door airbags with SSS v32 (after plugging them in). The rear side curtains are what prompt for the specific codes.
Might be that activation for the door airbags work,but deactivation for sure not!
Also activation of many other airbags(curtain,front) asks for the code.

NCS is a good tool,but DANGEROUS in the hands of someone inexperienced!

·
Registered
300 Posts
NCS is a good tool,but DANGEROUS in the hands of someone inexperienced!
Oh yes it is! I enabled remote window rollup (the function everyone but the US gets), turned off "FASTEN SEATBELTS" on the OBC (warning light still goes on), the ability to still roll the windows up even after the doors have been open, and a few other things.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How is NCS so dangerous? is there some basic things to change? like the window roll up with the door open? thanks

·
Registered
279 Posts
Oh yes it is! I enabled remote window rollup (the function everyone but the US gets), turned off "FASTEN SEATBELTS" on the OBC (warning light still goes on), the ability to still roll the windows up even after the doors have been open, and a few other things.
Do you have some sort of guide for this?
I just don't know where to start with it. ??????

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
How is NCS so dangerous? is there some basic things to change? like the window roll up with the door open? thanks

because it's text based and used compound abreviated german shorthand. one wrong keystroke, or one wrong parameter changed and you've just bricked your module.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
The older version I had was all hex. Looks like I need to upgrade!

make sure you get google translator with it, too!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts