BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to share some pictures of my beast with my new wheels and rubber. I was on the fence when shopping at the tirerack, but once they were on, I was quite impressed. They are 9.5" all around with 275/35 R18s. Also just had the Konis shocks and Dinan springs installed. The car does sit a little lower and handles much better with the wheels, tires, shocks/struts and springs. The higher resolution photos should be approved and posted in my gallery shortly.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Simply stunning, Mike! Those are better looking than the Breytons, and as visually appealing as the Dinans--for quite a few $$ less, I'm sure.

I've been a helpless victim of habit with my Bimmers---I've done five-spoke models from the get-go: originally Racing Dynamics RGRs and RGQs on an E36 and two E34s, then ACSchnitzer Type IIs on my prior E39 540i/6.

Your SSRs could be just the ones to help me make the jump from 5s to 7s....

Well done!
-Dave

·
Registered
682 Posts
The wheels look good, but just a little lip and they'd be even better. One thing for sure though is you need to get some "afrosheen" on those tires.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Very impressive M5. The car is not overdone and it has the perfect balance of mods IMO. Wheel and tire combo is superb. It looks like you have a Dinan S2. Correct?

The pictures in your gallery have a huge M5 message board banner covering up a 1/3 of the car. Can Gustav change that so we can see the whole car?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chuckc said:
Very impressive M5. The car is not overdone and it has the perfect balance of mods IMO. Wheel and tire combo is superb. It looks like you have a Dinan S2. Correct?

The pictures in your gallery have a huge M5 message board banner covering up a 1/3 of the car. Can Gustav change that so we can see the whole car?
Thanks Chuck. Yes, it is everything in the S2 package less the lightened flywheel. The clutch/flywheel in the car has not shown any signs of slippage just yet.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sorry I don't like the wheels.

Look Very Hondaish. IMO.. stock rims look better..

Only rims that look right on a M5 are stockers or some Mesh type
rims with Staggered F/R Lips..

Not a flame.. just an opinion..

·
10,457 Posts
E39 MFIVE said:
Only rims that look right on a M5 are stockers or some Mesh type
rims with Staggered F/R Lips..
to you at least! The rest of us have our own opinions. I like the wheels, and most definately feel 'mesh typ' or staggered lips are Not the only way to go.
Mike

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Carrera2RS said:
What is the offset with the 9.5s up front ?
The offset is +27mm and I have a 15mm spacer up front as well.

·
Registered
280 Posts
mikeoski said:
I wanted to share some pictures of my beast with my new wheels and rubber. I was on the fence when shopping at the tirerack, but once they were on, I was quite impressed. They are 9.5" all around with 275/35 R18s. Also just had the Konis shocks and Dinan springs installed. The car does sit a little lower and handles much better with the wheels, tires, shocks/struts and springs. The higher resolution photos should be approved and posted in my gallery shortly.
:byebye:
Your wheels look great, how good does it handle???. What setting on your konis (middle)??. Did you buy dinan springs seperate.

Did you have any rubbing problem with that size frt tire...

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
slowcar said:
:byebye:
Your wheels look great, how good does it handle???. What setting on your konis (middle)??. Did you buy dinan springs seperate.

Did you have any rubbing problem with that size frt tire...
The car corners much better than with the stock setup. Car is a little lower and the ride quality is the same. Not sure how the Konis are set, but they are set to Dinan's specs in conjunction with their sprinds I bought the shocks from TireRack and the springs from my Dinan shop. He wasn't to happy that I did that, but there is no difference other than the 30% markup from Dinan. There is no rubbing with the 15mm spacer up front.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts