BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have these? They look like a good possible track wheel (super light, nice and wide). I just need to figure out how they'd fit up front and over my StopTechs.

Anyone?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Redshift said:
Does anyone have these? They look like a good possible track wheel (super light, nice and wide). I just need to figure out how they'd fit up front and over my StopTechs.

Anyone?
the best track wheel out there is a ssr gt comp

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, thanks, however they don't make a fitment for the M5, so the next best thing I could find is the GT2.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe they USED to make them but no longer do, so you can't find them any more. What size are yours? I'm looking for 18x9.5 or 18x10 all around, and something that fits over StopTech brakes up front.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Redshift said:
I believe they USED to make them but no longer do, so you can't find them any more. What size are yours? I'm looking for 18x9.5 or 18x10 all around, and something that fits over StopTech brakes up front.

Mine are 18 X9.5 and fit pver Brembos. I have cups on them. I use a 10mm spacer in the front.

I have been tempted to sell them as I don't think I'll be tracing her again.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
10mm spacer? Does it have a hub fitment on it so that everything works properly? I use a 3mm spacer with my OEM 9.5" rims right now, but I think 10mm would be a little much.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Redshift said:
10mm spacer? Does it have a hub fitment on it so that everything works properly? I use a 3mm spacer with my OEM 9.5" rims right now, but I think 10mm would be a little much.

Yes, its hubcentric. What I did was remove the centering ring in the wheel. It fit perfectly.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you think these would fit with 3mm spacers as the OEM wheels will? How much does each wheel weigh?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Redshift said:
Do you think these would fit with 3mm spacers as the OEM wheels will? How much does each wheel weigh?

We have to stop meeting like this...

I am not sure. I don't think they will fit with anything less than a 5mm spacer. The offset is 27 I think, but don't hold me to that.
They weigh 18 lbs, very light forgrd wheel. Not bad looking either,,,

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you interested in selling them along with the spacers? I would have to think about the setup...but would be interested in shaving off 8lb per corner for the track. That would be a huge difference.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Redshift said:
Are you interested in selling them along with the spacers? I would have to think about the setup...but would be interested in shaving off 8lb per corner for the track. That would be a huge difference.
I might, but I haven't commited to NOT tracking her again. I race a mustang now and pretty much get my jollies out theat way. In really like tracking the M5 too, and the mustang is sometimes not well recieved at BMW CCA schools....

I suppose I would entertain a reasonable offer. PM me if you wish to make one.
Bruce

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't know what you paid for them brand new, and I would need to make sure they fit my StopTechs and suspension before making an offer, but I'm definitely interested.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Redshift said:
I don't know what you paid for them brand new, and I would need to make sure they fit my StopTechs and suspension before making an offer, but I'm definitely interested.

Dave Zechusen could answer the fitment question. I paid $284 per tire. They have about 15 heat cycles on them, Cups are good for around 30. The wheels were near $500 a pc.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Redshift said:
Got pics of them in their current state?

I believe I do at work. The car is being repaired from the crash I had at beaver run. Quite horrific actually.

BTW I like your cars....

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, please send the pics and I will get in touch with Dave Z and see if these will work for me, then we can come to an agreement on price. I'd need to sell my OEM rears and Toyo RA1 to make up the cost difference or the wife WILL kill me.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Redshift, I have and use for the track SSR GT2 18x9's all the way around. I have to run 3mm spacers all the way around as well. I believe Tirerack told me each tire and wheel weighed around 24 lbs. This link should get you to some pics of my car before a track weekend with the SSR GT2 wheels.
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46653
Good luck
TripleD

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks, TripleD. 24lb would only be ~1lb less per wheel than OEM. I was looking for a little more weight savings than that. Your pictures are great.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts