BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 08 M5 ,, till now i just installed the Bmc air filters. i was thinking of installing a x-pipe , will it make my car go faster or will it make it slower due to just installing a x-pipe without rear mufflers exhuast ? and will it make the sound of my car louder ?

·
Registered
3,176 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dont waist your time with this mode. it will only make a differens when u install headers and the difference is that it will give the car more equal back pressure. If you want good power get ECU upgrade. Or pully upgrade. If you want it to sound sporty get Mufflers and you dont need Xpipe for that dont waist your time. thats my advice ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Pretty much everything Dinan offers. I've stayed away from the headers, cause I want to keep it relatively quiet. I've been thinking about the X pipes for a while, as long as they don't make it much louder.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Pretty much everything Dinan offers. I've stayed away from the headers, cause I want to keep it relatively quiet. I've been thinking about the X pipes for a while, as long as they don't make it much louder.
Keep stock x pipe and go for the headers, do not delete the resonator.and it will sound good not too loud. just deeper

·
Registered
467 Posts
an out of topic question..

Dont waist your time with this mode. it will only make a differens when u install headers and the difference is that it will give the car more equal back pressure. If you want good power get ECU upgrade. Or pully upgrade. If you want it to sound sporty get Mufflers and you dont need Xpipe for that dont waist your time. thats my advice ;)
Hello there, well theres one thing that grabed my attention that you adivsed him to get the pulley, i said to my self im sure member M6-law has it installed on his beast to recomend it. But if u do have the pulley installed can you please give me your feedback about it with these deadly high tempratures in dubai ?? ive been debating with my friend who has an M5 for the past 2 mounths wether we should get them or not since were both gona end up moving our M's to the gulf later onn.. and ive read about pullies causing problems such as high engine oil temps at high climate temps.. thanx :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I really am happy with it. me and my friends have been using them for more then a year now. we drive the cars hard every day. no problems what so ever.

·
Registered
467 Posts
which pulley do u have, evosport ? wow im surprised cause i always said that dubai is the place to test these pullies in extreme weather, i expected it to run on high oil temps...:confused2

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
No HP increase at all and it will make your exhaust note a "TINY" bit louder.
+1. It will make more noticeable sound volume if you change to aftermarket mufflers. No/small hp gain will just X-pipe!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i dont wanna put an exhaust yet on my car ,, and heard that the xpipe will increase volume by a bit which is good ,,, but iam worried that it will make my car slower

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
i dont wanna put an exhaust yet on my car ,, and heard that the xpipe will increase volume by a bit which is good ,,, but iam worried that it will make my car slower
Nobody is saying it will make it slower. It just won't make it
faster either. :3:

Have you considered a resonator delete?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts