BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As previously reported, my entire exhaust system was stolen a few weeks ago (don't ask, but if you are really curious see http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=112481). Since I really liked the SS Race mufflers, I went that route again. Fortunately, Will Turner had a customer who wanted to sell a used setup, this one with an x-pipe. I jumped at it and installed it last week. My impressions are that (1) the x-pipe adds little in volume, maybe 10-15%, and (2) the biggest difference is in the downshift throttle blips, which are epic now. If you like the SS Race sound, you will like the addition of the x-pipe, but the difference is not huge.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I too have the SS race setup (minus xpipe) and I am very happy with how it sounds. Spring is coming and yesterday was the first really nice day which gave me an excuse to roll down the window and mash it (in M mode)...... absolutely fantastic.
I dont know how I would describe the SS race sound....gurgly, nascar throaty?

·
Registered
3,176 Posts

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I too have the same setup (race + x pipe) and think the sound level is ok, not too quiet not loud either.

Im glad somone else has this setup cuz i didnt get a chance to record a clip and cant now cuz my ecu has been shipped to be upgraded and the headers is being installed at the moment.

So i hope you can record a clip MRichmond and i will record mine plus headers. Hope it doesnt become too loud though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts