BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,
I have a squeaky suspension issue. I used to hear it everyone once inawhile when I first sat in the car (and I am 160lbs so no its not because I am fat :p ). However, when I pulled away from the resturant last night with my girlfriend, while she was trying to find somthing on the ipod (so it was quiet), it squeeked on every bump I went over (front suspension) for the first about 2 miles. My girl even heard it and said it sounded like a cartoon... Has anyone had this issue before? I have a totally stock suspension right now (only thing I have is the 20" ACS wheels) and this is somthing I would like to take care of before I install my aftermarket stuff and the dealership can't do anything for me. I will be making an appt. at my dealer, but I am just wondering if this has been a common problem or not?

Thanks,
Evan

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
My initial thought would be ARB, but would be very strange on such a new car.

Its not likely to be a worn part already, so it could be anything really..

I'd say have the dealer sort it out.

·
Registered
457 Posts
It could be that your car is one of those affected by the rear lower strut bolt issue. There is a service bulletin out for the repair. One other possibility is a sticky EDC (not DCS - brain fart!!) actuator. Next time you hear the squeak, cycle your EDC settings and see if the squeak disappears.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys...

What is DCS though? I know DSC and EDC, but what is DCS and how do I change the settings? Is there a better fix than cycling through everytime I hear it?
Thanks,
Evan

·
Registered
37 Posts
I meant EDC. Usually I ride in the Sport mode and I'll cycle thru all of the settings and get back to Sport and the noise will go away.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
djarejay1200 said:
I meant EDC. Usually I ride in the Sport mode and I'll cycle thru all of the settings and get back to Sport and the noise will go away.
Gotchya, so there is no real fix from BMW though (like a new actuator)? I am going to run by my dealership today and see what they think. Like I said, I wanna get this taken care of before I install my aftermarket suspension and give BMW an excuse to not help!
Thanks
Evan

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a service appt. Wed. Morning next week! I will keep everyone updated on the findings!
Evan

·
Registered
189 Posts
Squeak

I too get that sound when i sit in the car. If you find out what it is, let me know. BBQ was fun the other day. Liked your license plate. My car actually had a transmission fault on the way home and is sitting at Braman. Anything else that might need to be updated?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts