BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea, I noticed a squeak from my rear deck also. It started at about 4000 miles. I don't know what it is (haven't motivated to have a passenger track it down).

-Wolf359

·
Registered
257 Posts
Anyone else noticed squeeks and rattles in their M5? I hear them from the rear deck, and occassionaly around the doors over very large bumps. The last german car I had was a Porsche 993, which never squeeked.

Dan

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have sometimes too some crackles from rear deck on small holes, that's where you see that the M5's suspension is sportive oriented. Make sure you do not have anything in the free aera where you have your "auto-repair kit" for tyres.

I noticed that the cable of the BMW-phone do a clear noise (hitting the rear console) when the car hangs on hard accelerations.

I had a very irritating crackling sound coming around me, first i thought it was from under the seat, but un fact it was the leather of my seat that was too "dry" (washed some times at it is the silverstone nappa getting darker) and always making little noise when the up-part and the down-part of my seat had a contact.
I used some BMW leather-care product and no more crackling at all ! Do not forget to use such product after cleaning your seats ! Water with soap is enough to get leather crackling !

·
Registered
20 Posts
My driver-side door seal squeaks, just like on my 540i. I can't believe that BMW hasn't improved on this since the introduction of the E39 in '97. Anyone have suggestions for curing this annoyance?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had read about the E39 door squeeks, but didn't notice anything in my 1999 540i/6. I thought BMW must have fixed that issue.

However, my '00 M5 has them. Especially if the car gets wet.

Rick

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 97 528i had very annoying door squeeks. They, BMW, did do a fix on that problem. When I was in for service about 2 years ago they replaced some of the rubber seals on all of the doors. The squeek problem never returned. I have not noticed any door squeeks in my 2000 M5 but it only has 1500 Kms on it. I would imagine that any new E39 have the new seals.
Originally posted by Michael:
My driver-side door seal squeaks, just like on my 540i. I can't believe that BMW hasn't improved on this since the introduction of the E39 in '97. Anyone have suggestions for curing this annoyance?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts