BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have evosport pulley for about 6months and last month or two I experienced a squeaky noise from the engine bay especially in the morning at cold-start. Some advised a incorrect size belt, but I want to hear from others members who have pulley installed whether they experienced the same. I never heard anyone complaint about a squeaky noise before, or just what an unfortunate for me.:sad3: Any feedback would help. Could the belt be slipping out under a heavy load/high RPM? I don't mind the squeaky noise that much instead, if the belt could slip out, that will concern me the most.

:1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp:

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine doesn't squeak. I would suggest having someone take a look
at it.
"Someone" already take a look, but (s)he will compare with Rogue Pulley belt. I assume both Evosport and Rogue are the same pulley size. Will find out more tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
"Someone" already take a look, but (s)he will compare with Rogue Pulley belt. I assume both Evosport and Rogue are the same pulley size. Will find out more tomorrow.
Bummer...isn't this under "warranty" from Evosport? If something is
wrong with it maybe they'll fix it?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Two things could be happening here.

1. Pulley is not lined up properly with the others. This will cause the belt to slide sideways and thus squeak.

2. The Pulley's bearings could be dry (No grease) and this could cause a squeak.

Both pretty unlikely, but something to think about seeing I have had this same issue on my cobra while replacing just about every pulley on the car.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Two things could be happening here.

1. Pulley is not lined up properly with the others. This will cause the belt to slide sideways and thus squeak.

2. The Pulley's bearings could be dry (No grease) and this could cause a squeak.

Both pretty unlikely, but something to think about seeing I have had this same issue on my cobra while replacing just about every pulley on the car.
Thanks for the advise.

·
Registered
682 Posts
My vote is a slightly offset pulley. I would remove inspect and reinstall the tension and idler pullies.

·
Registered
682 Posts
oh and Kevin how is it that I have been on this board for almost 3 years longer and you have more than 3 times the posts as me???? Dont you work....

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh and Kevin how is it that I have been on this board for almost 3 years longer and you have more than 3 times the posts as me???? Dont you work....
:7: BTW, I'm "KENNY". We have to meet again to remind you about my name. :hihihi:

Got my PM??

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have seen the inside edges of these aftermarket pullies contact the idler arm...check the clearance between the back of the pullies and the non-moving parts of the car!

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally has a friend measured the belt size between Rogue and Evosport. They have the same diameter on Pulley but the evosport's belt is about 0.5cm bigger. Would that be a problem?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Finally has a friend measured the belt size between Rogue and Evosport. They have the same diameter on Pulley but the evosport's belt is about 0.5cm bigger. Would that be a problem?
I don't know "Kevin" :hihi: Go see Elroy at UPS!!:confused:
cherrsagai

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
No, The tension pulley will take care of the slightly larger size. The noise could be coming from any of the pulleys but if you know for sure it is coming from the crank pulley it may be slightly out of line. Maybe it could be coming slightly loose? Not sure.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
They are just a little dry, belts get dry, dont worry.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts