BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Really strange issue, but I noticed that my throttle linkage squeaks. Under normal circumstances you would never notice, but please follow these steps and tell me if YOURS squeaks!

<o></o>
1) Turn ignition on but do not start car<o></o>
2) Press the gas pedal down varying the amount of pressure repeatedly <o></o>
3) Listen for a squeaking / scraping noise coming from the two mechanical throttle linkages (one on each side)<o></o>
<o></o>
If you look closely (helps to have hood open and someone doing this with you), you can actually see the linkages moving and where the squeak is coming from. <o></o>
<o></o>
I took the car to the dealer and they performed diagnosis and said that there was nothing wrong. It's done this since I bought the car and performance is definitely not affected whatsoever. However, it just doesn't seem right that such an expensive car should have little issues like this.<o></o>
<o></o>
My dealer submitted a PUMA case to BMW, and they said that it was a normal characteristic of the car. They also verified that they heard the squeak on a similar model (Not sure if I believe them).<o></o>
<o></o>
So, does YOUR throttle linkage squeak? <o></o>
<o></o>
(PS: I know they tried to oil it because I could smell WD-40 after I got the car back from them. Didn't make a difference, apparently it's internal and the intake manifold has to come off in order to replace it.)<o></o>
<o></o>
Will post pics and videos of what I am talking about when it stops raining. Cheers everyone to squeaky throttles!:cheers:

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
nope..............

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I don't want to check because I haven't noticed and don't want to know if it does. :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
...SUCH AN EXPENSIVE CAR...

I took the car to the dealer and they performed diagnosis and said that there was nothing wrong. It's done this since I bought the car and performance is definitely not affected whatsoever. However, it just doesn't seem right that such an expensive car should have little issues like this.....
Flame away if you wish so....
Come on guys... lets be reasonable here, you guys earn twice as much as we do, in Europe, in average, you pay about half the price we do, for the same vehicle, you are blessed with a 4 (four) year Warranty, against 2 (two) year warranty in most of European contrys, were the vehicle is manufatured, and you still complain about it, (THE PRICE YOU PAY FOR IT), i honnestly don't get it.
Can ANYONE explain to all off US, why are YOU complaining ????
Best regards to all.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I took the car to the dealer and they performed diagnosis and said that there was nothing wrong. It's done this since I bought the car and performance is definitely not affected whatsoever. However, it just doesn't seem right that such an expensive car should have little issues like this.....
Flame away if you wish so....
Come on guys... lets be reasonable here, you guys earn twice as much as we do, in Europe, in average, you pay about half the price we do, for the same vehicle, you are blessed with a 4 (four) year Warranty, against 2 (two) year warranty in most of European contrys, were the vehicle is manufatured, and you still complain about it, (THE PRICE YOU PAY FOR IT), i honnestly don't get it.
Can ANYONE explain to all off US, why are YOU complaining ????
Best regards to all.

We're not comparing US to EU here. Simply trying to track down a squeaking problem. Whether the car is 50K, or 200K, it shouldn't make this noise.

Barry: Thanks for checking. I'm starting to think that it's a problem with 06 models. Maybe your's will develop the squeak in 2010? Let's hope not!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts