BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
That's looking very nice. Is there any news on when the convertible will be released?

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
The 645 cabrio weighs most of 400lbs more than the coupe, so I expect the M6 cabrio to be a full 400lbs more considering the CF roof difference.

Tom

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I wish BMW would develop a hard-top convertible to compete with the SL 55. I would love to have a BMW version of the SL 55 (more sporting edge, more technology, less foo foo) and the M6 would be a good platform. A diminutive version would be based on the Z4 M.

Tom

·
Registered
816 Posts
Wow! First time I see a Silverstone colour (guessing here) with the new 5 spoke wheels too. Quite nice. Maybe I am wrong about those wheels after all :biggrin: .

BMW is making the right move with a convertible version. Well done! They will sell more cars with a coupe and a convertible version, rather than a M6 CSL version.

As for the cars, I think the coupe with the "optimal" version. The weight of the roof alone will be more on the convertible, versus the carbon fibre of the coupe. I have decided to stick with the coupe from the very start.

·
Registered
86 Posts
bernhtp said:
I wish BMW would develop a hard-top convertible to compete with the SL 55. I would love to have a BMW version of the SL 55 (more sporting edge, more technology, less foo foo) and the M6 would be a good platform. A diminutive version would be based on the Z4 M.

Tom
I agree with u that a hard top convertable will make
SL55 and all the SL models go to trash or maybe recycling !?

Lets hope they do make one :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
this day and age for that much money and no hard top? please i pass

1 - 10 of 10 Posts