BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently at a europian country and I noticed a BMW dealer close by I went and saw this man pull up in a BMW M6 I was amazed at the car untill I saw the back end of it. It had only 2 smog pipes coming out instead of the 4 it was suppose to have. I have pictures of the car and think it is a 100% fake. If this is illeagle can someone tell me and if not why make a fake m6.

Thank you.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Its not illegal..people do it to impress others. My Mercedes dealer told me that there are several customers with SL500s which are externally identical to SL55s.
Most people are not impressed by this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ronan said:
Its not illegal..people do it to impress others. My Mercedes dealer told me that there are several customers with SL500s which are externally identical to SL55s.
Most people are not impressed by this.
What is soo wrong here is that it is actually a BMW dealership that is doing this and not just some car sales man. I think it is the stupidest thing to do. I asked the guy if he would pop the top and let me see the engine he wouldnt let me and then I knew that it was a fake.

·
Registered
904 Posts
If the dealerwhip actually represented it as a Real M6 and sold it as such, at M6 prices and all, it may be not be illegal, but it is immoral, that's for sure. Actually, if the paperwork said it was a true M6 and the dealer created or falsified documents to this end, it could be a potential fraud.

However, the person that should be thrown in jail is the purchaser for not knowing what he is buying ?????? ...as they say, caveat emptor!!

EDIT: I wanted to add that I would doubt very very seriously that a dealership would do anything more than just have an M6 look alike on the floor to drive a little traffic and spark conversations about the M6. To sell a 650 as an M6 would be risking the franchise and they just wouldn't do that IMO.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I guess it's a bit hard to tell without any pictures from the actual car, but maybe it's a sportversion of the regular 6-series. The official one shouldn't be out yet I think, or did I miss something?. M6lover obviously knows his BMW's but for the untrained eye one couldn't tell the difference between a sport 5 series and an M5, except for the number of tailpipes and details that we all know by heart. And of course when you hear the great sound of the V10. I guess the same applies to the 6-series. So could be that what you saw was actually a very nice sport version, official or not.
As for the sale of an 645/650 as an M6. I don't think any official BMW-dealer would take the risk of doing that. And it is illegal. Anyone trying to sell something that is not the real thing can and will be prosecuted for misrepresentation of sold goods. The same applies to cars being sold with low mileage that actually have done a lot more miles. As for the potential buyer of an M car. Simple really, ask help of the M5board, there's always someone who can read VIN.
:1:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don't see it's a big deal really since you can tell the car is fake or not most
the time, for example one of our cars is a 745LI 2005 with a crushed rear bumper in an accident
3 months ago, and since the 2006 750LI changed "front and rear bumper only"
which is stupid if you ask me, we had to either sell the car and lose lots of money
because of the new model or change the front and rear bumper and a sticker 750LI
as the BMW service suggested. we went for the second choice and for a good reason.

·
Registered
70 Posts
M6LoverM6 said:
I was recently at a europian country and I noticed a BMW dealer close by I went and saw this man pull up in a BMW M6 I was amazed at the car untill I saw the back end of it. It had only 2 smog pipes coming out instead of the 4 it was suppose to have. I have pictures of the car and think it is a 100% fake. If this is illeagle can someone tell me and if not why make a fake m6.

Thank you.
Which european countra was it?cuase i just saw one in Bratislava Slovakia at first he got me but then just like you said only two tail pipes no carbon roof and no M6 sigh on the the side. But it was a great work though the car was silver!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I saw one in LA in May! A convertible M6 at that. It even had the little M logos on the side sills. Some tough guy driving it too... looked like that LA Choppers guy that married Sandra Bullocks

·
Registered
904 Posts
That would be Jesse James.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Leon82 said:
Which european countra was it?cuase i just saw one in Bratislava Slovakia at first he got me but then just like you said only two tail pipes no carbon roof and no M6 sigh on the the side. But it was a great work though the car was silver!
This was in a little country called Armenia. I have never seen soo much expensive cars but I seen them in this country. I heard that all the expensive cars there are just build with the body. They take a S 55 and put a SLR body on it and make people think its a SLR. I felt like i was in the God Father days with people driving around in these things smoking blunts. Very Corrupt Government They have there.:nono:

:hihi:***LOL***:hihi:

Here are some pictures of the Fake M6kinggf

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
twinturbovenom said:
Wow..that is just sad man...pathetic. :sad3:
Yes realy pathetic. These people are morons I saw this car for the first time and was amazed at its beauty but did not notice the bottom 2 pipes. Then a couple days later I went back and asked to take some picture and the guy being the cocky guy :cool2: he was said no you cant take pictures but then again I came back:hihi: that night and the guy wasnt there ans snapped pictures and took HD high quality video. Too bad it was dark. :(

:byee55amg Goodbye

1 - 14 of 14 Posts