BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are my pics of the M6 from Nürburgring last week.
The sound was only beaten by a crazy Gallardo.
A lot of V10 cars on the track that day.

I guess one is on spare tires? Or what is it? :confused:

I hope you enjoy them. They were 11 Mpixel pictures, but I cut out the boring stuff.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Thank you. Very interesting pictures.

Why and what car exactly are they testing? I guess it is a race car version of the M6, rather than a CSL version.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
asturias said:
Was this last week??

I don´t see how they´re still testing cars when they´re at dealerships already hmmm :confused2
Exactly. This is really bizzarre. The M6 is at dealers and not one single person outside of BMW has driven the car yet. Very odd - I don't understand.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's some info from a person who should know.

Nordschleife said:
suspension tuning - they are measuring (and transmitting) in real time. Valving shocks and setting spring rates or doing the electrophoresis stuff.
R+C
when out of range they spool the data and dump when back in contact, the chassis guys then know what to try next when the car comes in

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wolverine said:
So why are they still tuning the suspension on a car that is released??? Very odd.
Na, you see it all the time. Loads of cars that have been released before.
Could be for upgrades, next generation and so on.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
SUPRA said:
Na, you see it all the time. Loads of cars that have been released before.
Could be for upgrades, next generation and so on.
OK then, but I still have to ask why you'd want to buy a car with the non-'upgraded' suspension? Or why get the old version? I'll wait for the 'next generation' suspension. If that's the case, I'm glad I'm in the US and won't get the car until next year.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wolverine said:
If that's the case, I'm glad I'm in the US and won't get the car until next year.
I don't know, but as you say there are likely to be different suspension for different markets and the car is not released on the same date in all regions.
Sooo - reasons to test it even if one version is on the market already.

·
Registered
675 Posts
SUPRA said:
I don't know, but as you say there are likely to be different suspension for different markets and the car is not released on the same date in all regions.
Sooo - reasons to test it even if one version is on the market already.

Well firstly we don't know when these pictures were taken do we ? Secondly maybe they could be setting up the CSL version rumoured.Since we know cars are at some dealers it seems implausible that they are re jigging the current cars suspension.
Or they could be fine tuning it for different markets,eg for the uk many cars are set up differently I have been led to believe,due to the poor qualityof our roads.

·
Registered
192 Posts
SUPRA said:
I'm quite sure I took them last Tuesday :biggrin:
LOL :1: hehe :)

There hasn't been any M6 deliveries yet, has it ? So there is still time for BMW to make last minute changes for either electronic suspension settings (software update) or minor mechanical changes. Before any customer receives the car.

And I can't see why it shouldn't be likely that they've begun testing on the CSL version. In comparison to what the guys at AMG are doing these days, BMW should make a true sportscar out of the M6 CSL.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts