BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the Dallas event this past Saturday try the SprintBooster and if so, what is your verdict?

Rick

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
What's a Sprint Booster ????? Telephone antenna booster ??? for Sprint phones ???

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Rick,

EuroCarFan totally hooked me up with a copy of the SprintBooster.

We're trying to track it down in USPS land. I think it's at the local Post Office now waiting for me to pick it up.

I'll get it in time for the weekend and we can do some testing.

Regards,

Darren

·
Registered
103 Posts
Automobiles in the 21st century have replaced the more conventional throttle cable technology for an ECM (Electronic Control Module) that translates pedal travel into electronic signals in order to provide power to the wheels.
The ECT system (Electronic Throttle Control) – also known as drive-by-wire – has the unfortunate downside of delayed throttle response and subdued acceleration, creating problems in certain circumstances such as up-hill starts, quick gearchanges, overtaking, etc.

The Sprint Booster aims to overcome this throttle response delay for ECT-equipped vehicles, providing crisp on-tap acceleration at the driverʼs disposal.

The ECT system (Electronic Throttle Control) – also known as drive-by-wire – has the unfortunate downside of delayed throttle response and subdued acceleration, creating problems in certain circumstances such as up-hill starts, quick gearchanges, overtaking, etc.

The Sprint Booster aims to overcome this throttle response delay for ECT-equipped vehicles, providing crisp on-tap acceleration at the driver’s disposal.
<TABLE class=contentpaneopen><TBODY><TR><TD class=contentheading width="100%">Function </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=contentpaneopen><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2>The Sprint Booster might very well be the “smartest” gadget on your car.

It is a device that improves acceleration by continuously measuring and converting the digital signal provided by the ECT’s potentiometer, and providing the ECM with a new and altered signal.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Thank you...I learn something new every day...greg

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My own feeling is that it will need to be disabled when in P500S mode and there is probably a way to do that. P500S is a little "twitchy" already. Looking forward to Darren's assessment.

Rick

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Rick,

EuroCarFan totally hooked me up with a copy of the SprintBooster.

We're trying to track it down in USPS land. I think it's at the local Post Office now waiting for me to pick it up.

I'll get it in time for the weekend and we can do some testing.

Regards,

Darren
You better pick it up quick or they will send it back to the sender. It's been there since the 12th!! :eek:oohhh: haha

I love the product but I'm sure everyone would love a second opinion and even a third and fourth if you guys are able to meet up and try it out on your own cars.

I've been talking to PartsExporter and he's finished a group buy web page for us but I told him we want to get some additional feedback first.

Hurry up guys!!

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
The seller I'm working with has it on eBay for $300 shipped. That's how much I got mine for. But the group buy he's proposing is $250 shipped if we have 10 or more buyers.

I will set start up the group buy thread shortly on here as well as E60.net.

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
So any feedback yet Darren? Did you get a chance to install and test it yet?

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts