BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new in the package sprint booster I don't plan to use. It has never even been installed. This is for a manual car. $200

Please email if interested as I don't check the board often. [email protected]

Thanks
Kevin

Reactions: damen

·
Registered
459 Posts
Can you post the part number? Im interested if it fits on my other BMW. Ive checked their site and they seem almost universal, such that the same Sprint Booster fits a variety of models.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
They are not all the same. I actually called SB directly and the SMG and 6MT have different electronics in how they're made. You can probably use them, but you wouldn't be getting the most out of them because it's made for a different tranny.

Dan

·
Registered
144 Posts
They are not all the same. I actually called SB directly and the SMG and 6MT have different electronics in how they're made. You can probably use them, but you wouldn't be getting the most out of them because it's made for a different tranny.

Dan
Got it, thanks for checking that out.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Is it the version with 3 modes?

QUOTE=kevinsford;5360049]I have a brand new in the package sprint booster I don't plan to use. It has never even been installed. This is for a manual car. $200

Please email if interested as I don't check the board often. [email protected]

Thanks
Kevin[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It does make a difference. I actually bought one and installed it. I didnt like it because it made the throttle way to on/off feeling for me. I called them and discovered they had sent me an SMG version. I got it swapped out but have never installed it again.

I just looked on the box and it is showing SBBM0012S which is the part number for the SMG version according to the website. I will be calling them to figure out exactly which unit this is.

It is the 3 mode version

Sorry for the confusion, but after they sent the replacement I never even looked at the part number.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
LeeDan- how do you know it's for a manual?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Actually I'm a little confused now because it started off like it was for a 6mt but part # may be for SMG. I remember when I called for mine they said the 2 are not interchangeable. Not sure you can tell looking at the part either. :confused:

Dan

·
Registered
354 Posts
Actually I'm a little confused now because it started off like it was for a 6mt but part # may be for SMG. I remember when I called for mine they said the 2 are not interchangeable. Not sure you can tell looking at the part either. :confused:

Dan
the problem is that some shops don't know that their is a different one for the manual that's not the same for the smg.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts