BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was thinking of getting some aftermarket springs for my car since it seems I cannot get used to the stock ride height in the front (looks like it is dragging it's butt), but I am concerned that since typically springs and dampers are tuned to work together, and I am sure that BMW did thier work on Nurburgring, that aftermarket springs might throw off the handling or overstress the dampers if they have higher spring rates.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Are there lower height springs with the same compression rate as the stock springs (whatever that may be)?

Thanks,

-Dave

·
Registered
932 Posts
This has been a long debate!

Most members would agree
Eibach and Dinan have the best match spring rates for the shocks.

H&R has the stiffest feel however from personal experience i felt my shocks got used up and got the kwv3 kit.

I personally wouldn't mismatch spring to shocks again however if you want to keep the edc and lower then I would say eibach.

Goodluck

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Do a search for threads about springs...it seems that most members here are very happy with Eibach springs. I can't tell you from personal experience though....every M5 I have driven has been stock! :sad3:

afc1
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. I'll check out the Eibach springs. I've had good luck with Eibach on other vehicles as well.

-Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts