BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Spring is here...Fresh detail job (pics)

1633 13
Just thought I'd share some pics of my freshly waxed beast that has emerged from winter hibernation. I think it is time for a drive! God I love spring/summer!

Please excuse the mess in the garage...that's the next job on my list, but far from the high priority of pampering the M5.

--Mike

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is my first car that I don't drive in lousy conditions...so it's been a long wait. Occasionally I'd lift the car cover and take a peek induced by withdrawal...

Thanks for the compliment. I don't see many M5's on the road, and fewer in Anthracite...When I saw it I knew from a distance I had to buy it...I had no choice.

--Mike

·
Registered
620 Posts
Great feeling - getting out detailing the car for the first time in year...

Lets get the mods rolling - I would definitely recommend you upgrade to the clear repeaters - it would make the anthracite stand out that much more...

:cheers:

·
Registered
14,478 Posts
Looks great Mike - you even cleaned the exhaust pipes :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
e39m5nut said:
This is my first car that I don't drive in lousy conditions...so it's been a long wait. Occasionally I'd lift the car cover and take a peek induced by withdrawal...--Mike
You are my husband's clone, aren't you?! ;)

He stayed home late this morning, claiming to need more sleep. I strongly suspect that he's actually sneaking the Beast out for a run on this gorgeous, first near-70 degrees in Chicago day!! (and if that IS the case, I'd rather be out with him in the Beast than sitting here at work!!grrrrrrr )

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mrs_Struth said:

He stayed home late this morning, claiming to need more sleep. I strongly suspect that he's actually sneaking the Beast out for a run on this gorgeous, first near-70 degrees in Chicago day!! (and if that IS the case, I'd rather be out with him in the Beast than sitting here at work!!grrrrrrr )
:haha: I took today off to clean my car too. My wife looked at me like I was nuts this morning when I said I was staying home.

So, when is the Chicagoland M5 meet?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mrs_Struth said:

I think you are right...we are clones...so the saying "they broke the mold" doesn't apply in our case...<grin>.

It's another nice day in Chicagoland so I'm going to enjoy my new grey faced guage cluster while I take her for a spin...

It's approaching the time for a chicago area meet!

--Mike

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Hey Mike,

Good Job. You have to share your process.

Wash, clay, PPCL, etc etc etc etc

If there are any less than 3 etc then your not an Autopian. hiha J/k.

MJ

·
Registered
151 Posts
Wow, if that's what the buffer and wax that you use does to the finish, I will have to get it too. :1:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.