BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought I'd share some pics of my freshly waxed beast that has emerged from winter hibernation. I think it is time for a drive! God I love spring/summer!

Please excuse the mess in the garage...that's the next job on my list, but far from the high priority of pampering the M5.

--Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
It sure makes you feel good after a good waxing.

I've had that feeling around 50 times I would guess.

Beautiful color - that was my second choice on color combos.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is my first car that I don't drive in lousy conditions...so it's been a long wait. Occasionally I'd lift the car cover and take a peek induced by withdrawal...

Thanks for the compliment. I don't see many M5's on the road, and fewer in Anthracite...When I saw it I knew from a distance I had to buy it...I had no choice.

--Mike

·
Registered
616 Posts
Great feeling - getting out detailing the car for the first time in year...

Lets get the mods rolling - I would definitely recommend you upgrade to the clear repeaters - it would make the anthracite stand out that much more...

:cheers:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Looks great Mike - you even cleaned the exhaust pipes :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
e39m5nut said:
This is my first car that I don't drive in lousy conditions...so it's been a long wait. Occasionally I'd lift the car cover and take a peek induced by withdrawal...--Mike
You are my husband's clone, aren't you?! ;)

He stayed home late this morning, claiming to need more sleep. I strongly suspect that he's actually sneaking the Beast out for a run on this gorgeous, first near-70 degrees in Chicago day!! (and if that IS the case, I'd rather be out with him in the Beast than sitting here at work!!grrrrrrr )

·
Registered
148 Posts
Mrs_Struth said:

He stayed home late this morning, claiming to need more sleep. I strongly suspect that he's actually sneaking the Beast out for a run on this gorgeous, first near-70 degrees in Chicago day!! (and if that IS the case, I'd rather be out with him in the Beast than sitting here at work!!grrrrrrr )
:haha: I took today off to clean my car too. My wife looked at me like I was nuts this morning when I said I was staying home.

So, when is the Chicagoland M5 meet?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mrs_Struth said:

I think you are right...we are clones...so the saying "they broke the mold" doesn't apply in our case...<grin>.

It's another nice day in Chicagoland so I'm going to enjoy my new grey faced guage cluster while I take her for a spin...

It's approaching the time for a chicago area meet!

--Mike

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Hey Mike,

Good Job. You have to share your process.

Wash, clay, PPCL, etc etc etc etc

If there are any less than 3 etc then your not an Autopian. hiha J/k.

MJ

·
Registered
147 Posts
Wow, if that's what the buffer and wax that you use does to the finish, I will have to get it too. :1:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts