BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Just don't know why anyone would do something that makes them look pathetic and lame.

·
Registered
831 Posts
At first I thought that was the real deal, couldn't tell if it had quad exhausts or not...
Then upon closer inspection...squared-off side mirrors, lack of fender gills and crappy rims:Thumbdown:
Tool...

·
Registered
472 Posts
:Thumbdown:...*****...should have done what others have rightly done for other "posers" and stopped him to question his amazing feat of obtaining a car more than a year before its planned release...no etiquette required...if you have the ba77$ to think you can purposefully produce a fake or imitation be it just a car or not...then you can take a well deserved ribbing...*****

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I was very surprised to see it and didn't know what to make of it; I followed it for a bit. The driver was a senior gentlemen, it must have been his son or something that slapped the M5 badge on. I really wanted to pull him over and make him "pop the hood."

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just don't know why anyone would do something that makes them look pathetic and lame.
This is an interesting point......which to me poses another interesting question. I actually have a lifelong friend who has expensive taste in cars but lacks the bank to fund buying the real deals. He has got a lower end e class benz, put fake amg wheels on it, and dumped it on it's arse.

Bare in mind I love this guy, but we're mainly friends now because we've been friends for so long. We don't really think the same or act the same anymore but because we've know each other so long yeah the friendship continues. (and i don't want that to change)

But what do I say when he asks me what I think of his car? I can't exactly say dude it's lame stop being a try hard, or dude you better debadge that thing if you don't want people thinking you're a try hard wanker. He's actually quite insecure and looks to me for approval, me being the guy that does everything right, gets the real equipment etc.

Interested in people's opinions on that.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Can't make it out too clearly, but are those OEM exhausts??

·
Registered
550 Posts
This is an interesting point......which to me poses another interesting question. I actually have a lifelong friend who has expensive taste in cars but lacks the bank to fund buying the real deals. He has got a lower end e class benz, put fake amg wheels on it, and dumped it on it's arse.

Bare in mind I love this guy, but we're mainly friends now because we've been friends for so long. We don't really think the same or act the same anymore but because we've know each other so long yeah the friendship continues. (and i don't want that to change)

But what do I say when he asks me what I think of his car? I can't exactly say dude it's lame stop being a try hard, or dude you better debadge that thing if you don't want people thinking you're a try hard wanker. He's actually quite insecure and looks to me for approval, me being the guy that does everything right, gets the real equipment etc.

Interested in people's opinions on that.
If he's a friend you should be honest with them. A true friend wouldn't hold back from telling a friend that he has a massive booger attached to his face now would he?

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
Can't make it out too clearly, but are those OEM exhausts??
Certainly shaped like the rectangular ones of the 550 but it looks powdercoated black instead of chrome and not sure if it's my eyes but looks like it has two round holes in each exhaust? Maybe it's an undisguised test mule of the real M5? haha You never know......

·
Registered
831 Posts
That's what I thought...2 holes in each exhaust??
Wouldn't it be funny if that really was an F10 M5...

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Its the first F10 M5 in the States!!!! haha. Seriously, though, most people who can recognize an M badge also knows that the F10 M5 isn't out yet.

afc1

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Well, someone needs to tell him that the badge he's slapped on this F10 is from an E60. The new M5 badge is smaller.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts