BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if it was Kenneth's but it was a silver m5 going down Kirby towards Richmond and SW freeway. Was around 7:45ish pm. Sharp looking car, I was in my jet black m5, not sure if you saw me though. Sounded like you had an aftermarket exhaust....Nice Car though

Amir

·
Registered
677 Posts
Amir,

It wasn't me. Mine is a silverstone with stock exhaust. It could have been my friend, Jim. He has a silver M5 with SuperSprint exhaust, tinted windows. Coincidentally, he told me a black M5 roared past him on the way to work this morning. Was that you?

Later,
Kenneth

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, the jet black m5 w/o badges was mine, I roared past him to try to get his attention, but I guess he was intent on getting to work on time, and didn't have time to have a little fun =) I understand that heh. The m5 had the dealer's plates on it, and I've seen that same one multiple times in the River Oaks area.

Amir

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just curious, but do you guys see a lot of E55's? I only see other M5's occasionally, but see E55's on a very regular basis - maybe its just me...( and the MB folks NEVER want to play )

Kevin
2000 Anthracite/Black Exclusive

·
Registered
677 Posts
Kevin,

I've seen about three E55 in Houston. In fact, a friend of mine borrowed a used '99 from the dealership few weeks back. He had it for a day. I drove it and I'm glad I can tell you the E55 is a much different car compare to the M5. The performance #s may be about the same on paper but the driving feeling is very different. The E55 is a big sedan with a big engine. The M5 is a sports car with 4-dr. Oh, last but not least, the M5 is a little quicker, too.

Later,
Kenneth
'00 silverstone M5

Originally posted by kgodfrey:
Just curious, but do you guys see a lot of E55's? I only see other M5's occasionally, but see E55's on a very regular basis - maybe its just me...( and the MB folks NEVER want to play )

Kevin
2000 Anthracite/Black Exclusive

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Kevin, Omar, and Kenneth,

Let's plan a get together some time real soon as we all reside in Houston and own M5's. We also have another person in our office who has a Carbon Black M5. I would like to plan an M5 event of some sort??

thoughts on this? I was thinking maybe a weekend run to Austin or something like that?

email me at [email protected]

later..

Andy

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I forgot to mention that I regularly see a white E55 in the parking garage at the Galleria. He parks in the same spot every day. Beautiful car... however, I would rather have the M5!!

-Andy-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts