BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Another VW bug with insufficient brakes. He must be very close to hitting the fence at the end of the runway.
They always cheat and now it will cost them billions of $. They may have to scrap projects they are losing money on to cover their losses.
Like Bugatti.
Nothing wrong with the brakes, it's the weight. All those extra kilos means that there is ALOT more travelling energy that needs to stopped.
As of VW, it's a massive hit on them, especially concidering the massive crash in the stock. However I feel like the market is overreacting alot, VW is a profit machine and will recover quickly.
//end of off-topic.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Nothing wrong with the brakes, it's the weight. All those extra kilos means that there is ALOT more travelling energy that needs to stopped.
That's what I said, insufficient brakes for the weight!
They cheated with the brakes to have max acceleration and speed.

As for VW, $18 billion in fines may be pocket money for them but I'm sure other stuff will happen.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
Does anyone know what this is about? Posted on Facebook by user Anytime Spy with hashtags #greencarbon; #ccx
To it seems to be the marble floor from Carugati, should be #045 probably just funny lighting or something else that makes it look green instead of purple (the floor seems quite "green" as well)?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
That's what I said, insufficient brakes for the weight!
They cheated with the brakes to have max acceleration and speed.

As for VW, $18 billion in fines may be pocket money for them but I'm sure other stuff will happen.
The Veyron has ceramic 400mm discs with AP-racing 8piston calipers. You probally cant fit a larger disc, and I dont know of any stock car with more than 8 pistons, + the airbrake.
My point is, they havent really cheated on the brakes at all, they are crazy for a stock car, but it's alot of energy that needs to be stopped. The CCXR uses 397mm discs with 8piston APs, so the power of the brakes should be about the same, but with alot less energy to decelerate
$18b is ALOT for VW, but longterm it wont have much effect. Porsche is making VW alot of money, and the Bentley Bentayga will make them big $$$$.

As of the carbon CCX, it's for sure #045.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Correction, 8 piston Brembos.

The Veyron has ceramic 400mm discs with AP-racing 8piston calipers. You probally cant fit a larger disc, and I dont know of any stock car with more than 8 pistons, + the airbrake.
My point is, they havent really cheated on the brakes at all, they are crazy for a stock car, but it's alot of energy that needs to be stopped. The CCXR uses 397mm discs with 8piston APs, so the power of the brakes should be about the same, but with alot less energy to decelerate
$18b is ALOT for VW, but longterm it wont have much effect. Porsche is making VW alot of money, and the Bentley Bentayga will make them big $$$$.

As of the carbon CCX, it's for sure #045.

·
Registered
1 Posts
41 - 50 of 50 Posts