BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

#064, in for repairs? Was at the factory just some months ago, so seems possible.

#067, new or old spot?

#070?

·
Registered
232 Posts
The picture of #72 is an old photograph, the Red/White Veyron has been gone for quite some time now. That would put it almost 2-3 years ago

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm curious of why the owner is selling his Agera R, aswell as why he sold his CCXR Special Edition, but is keeping his 2 most "basic" eggs, #053 and #066. Didn't he have #079 aswell?
3.800.000 AED = €750.000, for an Agera R with only 350km.... It's a steal. 1.200.000 AED less than #083. I'd buy it and spend some cash on upgrades, like new steering wheel, dynamic spoiler etc.
People don't really know about this car, if they advertised it on JamesEdition with that price, i'm sure it would sell in a couple months!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm curious of why the owner is selling his Agera R, aswell as why he sold his CCXR Special Edition, but is keeping his 2 most "basic" eggs, #053 and #066.
I was wondering this exact same thought, it doesn't make any logical sense, and it's not like either car is selling for a huge profit where one could justify selling a car. Both have been for sale for quite some time.

I was watching a documentary on Saudi Arabia/Dubai/Qatar and in the documentary, they said it was actually looked down upon to sell ones vehicles because it signified you needing the money to purchase another car. The ultimate sign that you were wealthy was the fact that you could just keep your old vehicle, and buy a new one without using the money from the previous cars sale.

While that may or may not be true (I don't believe everything I hear in videos) whoever this individual is has quite a large personal wealth to be able to have any of these vehicles alone, yet alone all 3-4 at a time, I just can't fathom he wouldn't just expand his collection, and why he would sell the 2 cars off, especially seeing as the "Special One" was so customized for him specifically.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
To start with don't put all the gulf cars in the same box. Al-Thani is a very big Quatari family. "ANA" owner of "special one" is actually three family members (the letters "ANA" are first letter in their names). #055 used to be in the Qatari ruling family as well, but probably in another branch, same thing with #083?). #080 is an Oman car, not even the same country! Even UAE is seven separate emirates with separate ruling families (Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, and so on..). Former dealer in the region from Al Otaiba family, who (to my knowledge) isn't ruling any country or emirate but is an influential family in the region anyway.

I'm sure we need to be more care full when we talk about these cars, shared garages and the owners.. some of them might have the same owner, and we know a lot of cars had owners in this region all the time from #006, #014, #015 and so on (probably some of the UK cars too? what about #009/#092? includes cars in Switzerland, Monaco as well? #036? Al-Roudhan is a Kuwait family?).. to my knowledge only a few was garaged for a long time (#039 probably part of the Al Maktoum Dubai royal garage) #053 was former Dubai? car (now Abu Dhabi? at least the LP was changed). #066 was seen in Doha Quatar in the beginning and wasn't (to my knowledge) a pair with #053 like it seems to be now?.. I think we need to know more about the cars.. at least what country/emirate they are/was registered in before drawing too many conclusions.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was wondering this exact same thought, it doesn't make any logical sense, and it's not like either car is selling for a huge profit where one could justify selling a car. Both have been for sale for quite some time.

I was watching a documentary on Saudi Arabia/Dubai/Qatar and in the documentary, they said it was actually looked down upon to sell ones vehicles because it signified you needing the money to purchase another car. The ultimate sign that you were wealthy was the fact that you could just keep your old vehicle, and buy a new one without using the money from the previous cars sale.

While that may or may not be true (I don't believe everything I hear in videos) whoever this individual is has quite a large personal wealth to be able to have any of these vehicles alone, yet alone all 3-4 at a time, I just can't fathom he wouldn't just expand his collection, and why he would sell the 2 cars off, especially seeing as the "Special One" was so customized for him specifically.
You're mixing up "The Special One" with the CCXR Special edition.
#068 has been photographed in the same Abu Dhabi garage as #066, #053 aswell as #080, although not all at the same time. The Special One is #073, likely replaced by #083.

#068 and #053 both ran Abu Dhabi plates, #066 hasn't been seen on plates, but almost always photographed together with #053. #080 was supposedly sold to Oman, but might have switched owner over the years. I think #080 might have been sold once before from Formula Motors?
#079 was also on Abu Dhabi plates.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts