BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Spotted E60 M5 on M40 yesterday...

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  virage1 
#1 ·
Was racing and Aston DB9 at the time (I was in SL55), he lost, but we both flew past a British registered E60 M5. Brown in colour....are they out yet?

#3 ·
Lonman said:
Was racing and Aston DB9 at the time (I was in SL55), he lost, but we both flew past a British registered E60 M5. Brown in colour....are they out yet?
They are starting to be delievered already. A few M6s have already been delievered to a few in germany and switzerland as well.

http://homepage.mac.com/cameronl/Cars/PhotoAlbum59.html

#4 ·
Lonman said:
Must be a BMW GB car - no other cars have been supplied. Dealer demo cars have been built and are currently sat awaiting shipping but dealers are not allowed to register the cars before the UK launch of May 19th.

#6 ·
clee19821013 said:
I thought SL55 would burn DB9 no problem.
I have driven the DB9 a couple of times, courtesy of NigelM5. I also owned an SL 55. I can tell you with a certain degree of confidence that they are in different leagues. DB9 is no match for SL 55 beyond 70 mph

#8 ·
markf said:
The AMDB9 is not as fast as it should be ,performance is near identical to M3.
I think you should compare it more to an AM Vanquish S ? Also price range I guess?

#11 ·
virage1 said:
Must be a BMW GB car - no other cars have been supplied. Dealer demo cars have been built and are currently sat awaiting shipping but dealers are not allowed to register the cars before the UK launch of May 19th.
Mr brother saw a M5 coming back from Heathrow today - I said it coulden't have been but he was adamant it was the new M5 with side air vents, 19inch alloys, four tail pipes with the M5 badge and 05 plate.

I think these are demo cars assigned to dealers and their taking them out for a spin before the offical launch date.....not sure what else I can make of it...?

#12 ·
Ghufran said:
I think these are demo cars assigned to dealers and their taking them out for a spin before the offical launch date.....not sure what else I can make of it...?
Could be - but they are not supposed to be driving them pre-launch. Also could be a BMW UK car as the BMW HQ is in Bracknell and that' s only 10 miles down the road from Heathrow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.