BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
I propose we make these spotting threads, as they are usually the most popular threads, into general discussion threads as well. And I'm going to take the first step with that by linking to this thread on PistonHeads: Koenigsegg - any feedback? - PistonHeads

I don't often check into PH but they have great discussion and lots of owners seem to visit that site. I imagine some of you have probably read the thread already, but in case you haven't, here are some highlights from Tommy Wareham:
This year, thus far we have sold 4 used Koenigsegg and 4 (almost 5 just give me a couple of weeks!) new Koenigsegg. With regards the used cars we have returned the people we have bought the car from a profit over and above what they initially purchased the car for.
And when asked what car was easier to sell, Koenigsegg or Pagani:
That is fine - anyone who knows us, knows we are quite the open book. Had you asked me pre-2012 what was the easier to sell or given £XXXk what would I have purchased for stock (remembering I have been a Koenigsegg dealer for a long time) I would not have hesitated to say Zonda.

Ask me today - without hesitation, a Koenigsegg.

Something has changed not just here in the UK but in Europe too, Koenigsegg is outselling new Pagani by an incredible margin.

·
Moderator koenigseggboard.com
1,064 Posts
Tommy seems like a great guy, I've read his stuff over there before. He reached out to me many months ago, wondering if he could assist in any way with my Registry. I replied positively, with the hope a dialogue would be opened with him. But unfortunately I never heard back from him after that. I guess he's been busy selling Koenigseggs!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Tommy seems like a great guy, I've read his stuff over there before. He reached out to me many months ago, wondering if he could assist in any way with my Registry. I replied positively, with the hope a dialogue would be opened with him. But unfortunately I never heard back from him after that. I guess he's been busy selling Koenigseggs!
VIN for #023 would be nice! :)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
#093 !!!?
Koenigsegg Agera R BLT in a Car-Wash Room in ZhanJiang, Guangdong. It was the one that confiscated by China Customs.
They are cleaning it! I guess it was bad PR for Chinese government to have pictures of a dirty Koenigsegg "leaking" :^)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
The sad part is that #093 probally has more mileage than alot of the other chinese owned Eggs even though it has been in storage for over 2 years...

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I love #002 and #004, they are so simple and yet so cool.. they seem to be more of a designers work than a engineer (that's for some reason attractive to me as an engineer). It seems to be more for air or water than roads, the way the silver color makes me think of old aluminum airplanes and old brushed aluminum race cars when the sun is reflected in the paint. The way it's sculptured like it was a solid rock formed by the sea .. I think it's timeless..
Wonderful to see #002 on the roads.
Not sure it's really on the road, it would be incredibly expensive on Danish LP, it used to be on Luzern (LU) plates for some time and import? Schwyz (SZ) in 2010. If you live in Denmark you can't really use a car registered on foreign plates (just very limited, like to and from the workshop for repairs and such) ..

·
Registered
535 Posts
I generally adore the CC8S series. My favorite being #005. We were told #005 and #100 would be at the GTexpo 2013 from their website. Only later on I realized this was not to be and #058 and #086 was bought instead. (Not complaining) Wonder why that happened though? I did see #006 at PACE :)

Not sure it's really on the road, it would be incredibly expensive on Danish LP, it used to be on Luzern (LU) plates for some time and import? Schwyz (SZ) in 2010. If you live in Denmark you can't really use a car registered on foreign plates (just very limited, like to and from the workshop for repairs and such) ..[/QUOTE]

Back to the topic, I did not know its so restricted to drive a car on foreign plates in Denmark. Speaking about #002 why was the blue changed? I liked the blue on it too.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I did not know its so restricted to drive a car on foreign plates in Denmark. Speaking about #002 why was the blue changed? I liked the blue on it too.
It's not restricted for foreigners, just for the Danes (so that they can't drive around in a car on Swedish or German LP to avoid the huge price for Danish LP). Don't know why the Blue color was altered, probably CvK liked it to be silver because that's his first choice.

I think it could also be like this.. Maybe It was part of making the very few available cars to look like "more" in the beginning when production was low. Think especially of #003, as "Nordic Ice Green" at first, altered for Grey the upcoming half year and then made black, the last change was only on the interior changed from White & Black to Oxblood & Black. Just that one looked like 4 cars in two years. This probably made it easier to claim high numbers on produced cars and rate of production. Saying things like 15 cars are going to be produced the upcoming year, the order books are full .. we are in success, the new brand is up and stable producing/selling to calm potential customers and existing/upcoming investors..

In reality things was really much tougher in the beginning, production was low, and PS was probably the first real customer(#005 delivered over two years after #001 was shown/"sold" at Geneva)? Or actually .. #006 was sent to the Middle east already in December 2003. But two cars sold and delivered in two years was probably a bit less than they had hoped for..

#094 @ SPS, HK

1 - 20 of 31 Posts