BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes, its realy hard to contact Jon with an email.
I was waiting realy long for his reply , so I decide to call Sporstline and it was My best decision :)
Now I'm happy with my new/ rebuild shocks :wroom:

·
Registered
588 Posts
I did this last year in October , price was 900 pounds plus VAT :rolleyes: for all 4 shocks.
That is getting on for double the initial costs, but still one quarter OEM. At these costs reliability/durability becomes more significant, especially in the context of the two year warranty BMW offer.

Has anyone covered big miles on these shocks?

·
Registered
396 Posts
That is getting on for double the initial costs, but still one quarter OEM. At these costs reliability/durability becomes more significant, especially in the context of the two year warranty BMW offer.

Has anyone covered big miles on these shocks?

I´ve done about 8500km and got one rear + one front shock with leaks :sad2:
And not easy to get Jon to right back.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I´ve done about 8500km and got one rear + one front shock with leaks :sad2:
And not easy to get Jon to right back.
Have the same situation with my front one , fortunetly Jon has send me a good one.
Now I'm waiting for some sunny days to see if it works properly.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey Han,

apparently Jon is no longer with them, but they are still doing the service. They have NEVER replied to my emails, roughly 4 attempts. They have always picked up the phone and been helpful though. I do have to chase them for updates, which I am due to do, as my shocks should be ready by now, as I'd be surprised if they call or email me to let me know.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Finally heard from Sportsline this morning. my shocks are ready to ship, should be here before new years. 205 sterling each, plus shipping. Pretty reasonable, especially considering the cost of new, and exchange rate.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Off the top of my head, I think they've had my shocks about 6 weeks. To be fair, as I mentioned, I think they've had some staffing issues, combined with year end crunch. Hopefully the rebuilds last as long as the factory (~90,000km, although I'm quite certain the 15 years is more of a factor with seals), even though the cost is still a fraction of new, it wouldn't be worth the hassle if you had to rebuild them more than once every few years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi

My first post on here.

Sportsline refurbished my Rear M5 Touring EDC's about 18 months back. After about 10,000 km's no faults or leaks to report.

Service was slower than promised but we got there in the end. I think if they didn't over promise on time and said 6-8 weeks in the first place you could make a more informed decision. As the M5 is my second car I'd still choose 6+ weeks if it saved me £1500...

They did a good job on repainting them as well and I ordered new springs from them.

All in all value for money I thought.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't remember sorry. Not such an issue for me given that they are about 100 miles away as opposed to across the atlantic!

Give them a ring / email they seemed reasonable when I had to speak to them. They did state before I sent mine in that they had to be in a sufficient state to refurbish in the first place else I'd have needed to buy replacement shocks as well.

Good luck

·
Registered
115 Posts
shocks were just installed yesterday in fact. as I'm 1000km away, no way for me to test it, but when I get some feedback i'll post.

·
Registered
115 Posts
That I do not know. I bought a used set from the UK that were already removed. Judging by the roughly $500 to R&R, I'd guess a couple of hours to pull them. I think there are a few threads/pages kicking around with the procedure layed out.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
My rears are still fine.

Fronts failed a long time ago and the damping was all wrong.

Doesn't look like they've cracked the fronts yet.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts