BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marooned in Hong Kong on a 2-3 year deal, now 1+ into the campaign. My M6 drop top sits in LA under cover with battery tender. I'm dieing over here drooling over all of the exotic hardware. You literally can't stroke a pitching wedge without hitting a Ferrari, while I'm driving my sweeeet 523i company cargrrrrrrr

Any way, this board is my respite, thanks for keeping it active. My '07 will be out of warranty when I get back, probably set a record for least amount of miles and no warranty, 15k. Starting to make my list of mods for when I return, Dinan ring & pinion, exhaust, and of course, filters and scoops. Something for which to look forward.

Maybe see you next time in LA, first stop is ALWAYS In & Out Burger soon as I land at LAX, the car is programmed.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Keep up :)
Looks like you're keeping the car for long, most people probably would have sold it! Good to see that, i am planning to keep mine for long as well.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am with you on that CS. Considering the haircut I would have taken, but most important, the fact that a screaming, unblown V-10 may not be available much longer in this greener world, it was a no-brainer for me. Also, gives me something to really, really look forward to every time I go home.:wroom:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I feel your pain! I am from Hermosa but now am on the East Coast-really if I were back in the area I would have bought a vert. Nothng like The Kettle for breakfast at 2:00 a.m. Hurry Back!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
When you finally get back to her, it will be like popping the cherry all over again, and well worth the wait.

·
Registered
648 Posts
It is always good to get back to the M6 after a week in a rental car, but cannot imagine 3 years. It will be great when you get back and I cannot blame you for keeping the V10.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I feel your pain! I am from Hermosa but now am on the East Coast-really if I were back in the area I would have bought a vert. Nothng like The Kettle for breakfast at 2:00 a.m. Hurry Back!
Yup, gotta love The Kettle. I can knee-walk there from my favorite bar, Ercoles.

When you finally get back to her, it will be like popping the cherry all over again, and well worth the wait.

It is always good to get back to the M6 after a week in a rental car, but cannot imagine 3 years. It will be great when you get back and I cannot blame you for keeping the V10.

It's no so bad, I get back about 3 - 4 times a year and "drove it like I stole it."

Here's my other little hot rod that I keep out at Mead, another 500+ HP toy, keeps me motivated.
boatatmead.jpg

Boatmotor.jpg

·
8,369 Posts
Hang in there. I assure you it will be worth the wait.

For now, just keep eating great Chinese food! I've been to Hong Kong many times.
I love the food!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts