BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got my rear bumper refinished due to a starburst crack and wanted to get the diffuser painted the same color..turned out awesome! :biggrinbounce: ...while it was there got my CF ACS splitters painted too..installed them myself and those are doubly awesome :biggrinbounce::biggrinbounce: - they give a whole new look to the front fascia ....before all this got my ST-40 kit installed too which is just as great! :M5thumbs:.....yesterday was a very nice day around here so I decided to show her off a bit around town :7:....next up is valve cover gasket replacement....eventually a slight drop...and hopefully Timmay's tips!! oh yeah, finally got a new toy too: Nikon digital SLR!

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Beatiful pics. I really like the first one top down.

Well done and congrats on your DSL as well. Makes a hell of a difference!

Reactions: D-RodM5

·
Registered
35 Posts
D-RodM5, I noticed on your 2nd pic, that the splitter looks an inch or so short of the bumper on the side. It should be possible for the splitter to reach to the back of the front bumper. For comparison check out AtlantaM5 - He has ACS splitters as well and plenty of pics posted

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
VERY nice! OEM look with some a nice hint of subtle. :cool:

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
D-RodM5, I noticed on your 2nd pic, that the splitter looks an inch or so short of the bumper on the side. It should be possible for the splitter to reach to the back of the front bumper. For comparison check out AtlantaM5 - He has ACS splitters as well and plenty of pics posted
You could very likely be right. I could not remember if these were true ACS or not as I had bought them a long while ago - gonna haveta change the sig so noone thinks Im a poseur! :) Thx for looking!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Nice pics there!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Looking absolutely mint there, mate. If you lowered the stance an inch or two to reduce the gap between tyre and wheel arch I think your cosmetic look would be complete. Other than that, perfect!

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Car looks great! Tips are on their way!!!

Reactions: D-RodM5 and M55555

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol thats a nice *** car i always wanted that body style...thats the e46 right?
thanks! no, it's a 2001 e39, very similar in style to the e46, which btw is also a very cool looking car lovelove

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Car looks great! Tips are on their way!!!
Tim, thanks a million. Got the tips not long ago and can't believe why BMW just didn't outright make bigger tips yawnnnn - yours are simply 2x better.

now to find a shop willing to do the mod...apparently its against state driving law to remove mufflers but not resonators and cats? huh!? :confused2 i can see why not the cats but resonators...wouldnt that make things twice as loud?? that just left me wondering, wtf.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Great pictures, car looks great, and the SLR was also clearly a good buy :)

·
Company Representative for ADV.1 Wheels
540 Posts
New look is awesome! The splitters and diffuser add so much to the overall look - and those brakes are the cherry on top. Great work! Next step some wheels to show off the gorgeous BBK?

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Awesome ride, love the deffusor. However the car is too high for the splitters. Again, just my silly opinion:(
hey nanda...no worries because that was exactly my train of thought before i put the splitters on..with the stock suspension being too high. but, now that i have them on i think it looks pretty goodkinggf on top of that i don't have to worry too much about scraping them on a curb. i still do want to subtly drop the car eventually..maybe DINAN S1 ..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts