BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know how to turn off the little side window in navigation view? Or actually just turn it off altogether?

There is clearly an option to turn off asst. Window but it makes it go black, and doesn't remove it from the screen.

I can't imagine bmw thought it would be a good idea to show you two maps that you can't independently change the view of. What's the point of having the second window on all the time?

In my 328i you could at least make one perspective and the other north facing if you wanted.
IMG_20210501_112101.jpg

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
You can't. You can display something else in the small window, like Car Data, etc, but you can't completely turn it off, or make the large window "full screen" - that's CIC iDrive for you.

·
Registered
138 Posts
You can't. You can display something else in the small window, like Car Data, etc, but you can't completely turn it off, or make the large window "full screen" - that's CIC iDrive for you.
That’s CCC unit. I have Bmw X5M with the same unit as yours. I will have to check to see if it has that capability although I haven't drive that vehicle in a quite awhile.

·
Registered
138 Posts
sorry my x5 is 2012 But I have a bmw with same unit, unfortunately once it gets to split screen there is no going back unless you reflash or reprogram, it will go back to full size screen but it will be a split screen again momentarily. I don’t know if you could code it to give options of full screen, rather.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts