BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know how to shut this feature off? maybe at 150mph the cabin is really noisy or something and it warrants upping the stereo volume!?!?!

i listen to my music loud in general, but the cabin is fairly quiet at 70/80mph. the system seems to increase the volume in the 50's and i find it makes it too loud. then it turns it down when you slow down for the toll booths or exits and then i find it's too quiet!

any clues on disabling this? anyone else find this feature to be poorly calibrated? or am i just a weirdo ;-)

shawn

·
Registered
187 Posts
My M5 doesn't turn up the volume with speed. I had a MB that did, and it was annoying.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
uh - did i get a special E39 M5 feature that nobody else got or am i being a bozo and need to get my ears examined?

shawn

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have not noticed that my volume gets any louder with speed. To my knowledge, I don't think the car has the feature, but I would check the equalizer settings buried in the NAV display to be sure. You can customize your equalizer settings and save them under 1, 2, or 3. This might solve your problem. In my opinion, the "echo" feature on the far right side of the equalizer is annoying and I have turned that off.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nope, mine adjusts the volume according to speed, too. It seems pretty seamless, though, and doesn't seem to get too loud or too quiet. I like to turn the stereo off at 100+ to hear the engine, though

·
Registered
911 Posts
I also have the speed sensitive volume adjustment. Like Wolf359, mine is very smooth without being too loud nor too soft.

ALX

·
Registered
620 Posts
I remember it was "GAL1...GAL6" being the sensitivities of the speed-dependent volume control. Don't know how to get to it on the NAV screen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts