BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a pull yesterday with a couple buddies and I let her ride out pretty long into 6th gear. Hit 160mph. I thought our cars were limited to 155mph.

This was done on a closed course. Of course.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Speedometer reads high so in reality your car was actually going slower a tad bit.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Limiter is 270km/h (170mph)

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Limiter is 270km/h (170mph)
This. I've done it. Can't say I'm proud of it as it wasn't safe driving that fast. I think if you're in 7th gear before hitting 155MPH then it will stop you right there, but if you're not in 7th gear (my bad video below you'll see I'm in 5th gear) it will let you keep going and it will top out at 170mph.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/chEomSCCckE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Another video I made. I added music to this one because the soundtrack I was listening to at the time was some R&B and didn't seem to match well with the task at hand.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HbWwJ3dp0O4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
3,033 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Mine, an '08 six speed, hit the limiter at 170 indicated, 162 on my gps. Can't wait to get it delimited!!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
With my programming, the limiter is off, but I will never trust the car at that speed even on a closed track. Was just a little Easter Egg with custom programming...but really nothing but bragging rights. Personally, I enjoy the Euro SMG tune more than anything and some of the other tuning options that make my life a little better than a speed limiter I will never hit if it was still in place.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
For those delimiting the cars.. where are you going to be able to do 170mph (car will let you do this until limiter kicks in) much less 200mph. I can't think of any safe roads in the states where going much over 170mph is prudent or safe.

Assume it is not for any purpose other than bragging rights because i cannot imagine where you can approach such speeds and not get into trouble or jail on a regular basis. Be careful out there as you test the top speed :3:

Reactions: DFrankm5

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
For those delimiting the cars.. where are you going to be able to do 170mph (car will let you do this until limiter kicks in) much less 200mph. I can't think of any safe roads in the states where going much over 170mph is prudent or safe.

Assume it is not for any purpose other than bragging rights because i cannot imagine where you can approach such speeds and not get into trouble or jail on a regular basis. Be careful out there as you test the top speed :3:
It's do-able...

Late at night on a nice 3-4 lane highway

Reactions: Niicee

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hit the 170mph, I didn't know I had it. On my e46 M3 6MT I hit 185mph.
I need to get this removed lol.

Link:
Instagram
ig: niicer7

Feel free to follow, I follow a few people on this forum.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,578 Posts

Haha you haven't been to the Midwest in the U.S. have you...

·
Registered
DinanS2+ e60m5 6MT, s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,265 Posts
Haha you haven't been to the Midwest in the U.S. have you...
Or our Western States, deserts, tracks and airstrips. :wroom: :tonquesmilie:

·
Registered
386 Posts

I plan on doing nothing with it.....just a thing that came free of cost with my tune. Do I have long highways and fun places to drive in Colorado....hell yes....do I want to kill my self or lose my license....hell no. I guess it is bragging rights if you are into that. That was not the purpose of my tune though...:cheers:

·
Registered
386 Posts
One thing I would say, delimiter or not....make sure your tires and rims...brakes are up to par. If you have some cheap tires, crappy aftermarket rims....you might go out in a ball of flame....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts