BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight on speed 8pm M3 challenge at BMW Performance Center. Boris Said, Tommy Kendall and not sure who else. Check it out!

Reactions: BMWNTHZST

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Will anyone be recording this??

·
Registered
613 Posts
uh yeah.... hmmm...jk

·
Registered
174 Posts
Got the DVR already set to pick up all new episodes of Speed Test Drive!!! The dealer already has a coupe and sedan on the lot (sold), so I can't wait to see this! Kendall does a great job with these shows...

·
Registered
534 Posts
9:00 pm Left Coast time....... Two DVR's set and ready to go! :cheers:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks for the heads up!!! Cant wait, apart from Formula 1, "Test drive" is one of the greatest shows on Speed. I think all of us will be setting the DVR. haha. I'm in Phoenix which is Mountain Standard Time with no daylight savings; There is one scheduled for 5:00 pm and another at 9:00 pm.

·
Registered
224 Posts
A day late and a dollar short!!! will this show air again??? Cant believe I missed it....

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
For those who missed it, the show will air again later tonight on Speed.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Just saw it, very good job by all the drivers.

Speed Channel re runs their programs, so if you missed it you can still catch it.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Can someone send me a copy of it?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Here's the info for west coast DirecTV

M3: The Ultimate Driver's Challenge

Channel:607 SPDAir Time: Tuesday, March 25 9:00 PM PDTDuration:60 minutesCategories:Series, Sports

Future airings of SPEED Test Drive:
Wednesday, March 26 5:00 AM PDT 607 SPD
Saturday, March 29 10:00 PM PDT 607 SPD

Reactions: M5boy

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
What the hell was that stupid watch sponsorship....no place in the video.

Instead of showing my favorite driving discipline of drifting, I wished they spent 10-15 minutes in the M factory talking to engineers etc.

Not bad though.....

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
I have to settle for the re run...DVR set...thanks:cheers:

·
Registered
613 Posts
I found it really telling during some of the test driving challenges that driver aides have advanced to the point they have. just a few years ago aides like traction control and the like were for hamfisted drivers, to keep them out of trouble and real drivers always defeated them to have total control and go faster. (exhibit A: our "DSC off" battlecry) but with advent of advanced systems like ferraris manettino switch for esp, e-diff, suspension, traction settings, now even "good" drivers are faster with these systems, verses being held back by them. Pretty soon it will be an accepted fact that having the driver aides on will be faster than doing it au naturale. brave new world kids....

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Without spoiling the winners, and presuming Spartanburg standardizes some of these competitions:

Slalom in 8.26s, was a record.
Autocross in 39.49s.
They don't...at least not at the schools I have been to there including two M-schools. In the show they used a timer to accurately time everything while at the schools they use a stopwatch, so accuracy is not so great. The only thing I've ever seen timed there were autocrosses, and they also used a stop box in each of those as opposed to a flying finish like in this show (and like all "normal" autocrosses).

We just had a BMW club autocross at the PC a couple of weeks ago. It would have been fun if they used the course we did which goes around the whole outside of the PC. If they set up their timing in the same locations, we'd have something to compare it to. Here is what the course we run with the BMW club looks like. Mike Renner sets up this course, and it is really a lot of fun.

Reactions: chowdah
1 - 20 of 20 Posts