BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find speed bleeders to install on my calipers so I can easily do a change of brake fluid. I have them on my 911 and they make changing brake fluid a breeze.

I cannot find the size of the caliper bleeder screws anywhere. I believe the fronts are 10mm and rears are 8mm , but if anyone definitively knows please chime in.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For those interested in speed bleeders, which work fantastic btw, here’s the part #s for the a 2010 M5

Front Russel #639560 10mm x 1.0
Rear Russel #639620 8mm x 1.25

The benefit of speed bleeders over using a pressure bleeder is that there is no risk of the pressure bleeder leaking and spraying brake fluid all over your engine bay when/if a connection failed.

I have not seen any issues with speed bleeders and have used them for 6+ yrs on my air cooled 911, my Lexus and a few other whips.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Good point, which is why I never add any fluid to a pressure bleeder. Just use it as an air pump making sure the MC reservoir is full. Keeps it clean as new as well.

My experience with the bleeders has been they allow air sucked back through the threads - useless. Also bleeding the DSC module requires a steady stream of fluid - can't with bleeders.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
flacoramos
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing