BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Has anyone here been to the Spartanburg driving thing for M5 owners? Is it just mild autocrossing and wine sipping at Biltmore, or do they actually give you track time, pedal to the metal, in their M5s?

I did Bondurants 3 day advanced course in the spring. I highly recommend it. If you can manhandle those Mustangs competently around a road course, you can drive anything fast.

Steve
'00 ti-au

------------------
'00 M5
'99 R1100S
'66 GT350H/Paxton
'85 911

·
Registered
26 Posts
I attended the M5 Driving Experience in April. After taking the 4 day Bondurant Grand Prix Racing course a few months earlier I was hoping for an opportunity to drive the M5 fast on a road course and unfortunately that was not part of the program.
The M5 course is one day in which you drive either an M Roadster or M Coupe to the Biltmore estate in N.C. "at your own pace",
and a second day of driving the M5 on the BMW test track. Although there was no high speed driving on the track, and most of the exercises were not nearly as intense as the
Bondurant course, I felt it was worthwhile to see how well the M5 handles so that I feel more comfortable driving my own M5 with a good feel as to it's capabilities.
I am looking forward to a BMW plan to have an M Performance Driving course that would involve driving all of the M cars in a more race oriented program.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts