BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from the M5 driving experience. It was great and I met a lot of good people who were also car nuts. In between our track day they rolled out a blue Z8 with black/blue interior and a silver 2001 M3 with all black interior. The Z8 was more like automative art, it being obvious that style was very high on the list. The M3 was more business-like, with no particular design cues. I guess the fact that we had them surrounded by 10 M5's also came into play. These vehicles were there to train master technicians. They will be taken apart many times. We couldn't drive them, but the M3 had been previously driven hard by one of BMW's race-car drivers. Most of the professionals in attendance felt the M3 would be quickest around alsmost any track. Having seen these 2 great cars up close makes me realize that the M5 is certainly the best one for me. The other 2 have many merits, but I believe our cars have the best combination of speed, luxury and usefulness.

·
Registered
463 Posts
very cool to read something relativly old especialy considerintg that our cars are now at least 7 years old!

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Holy thread resurrection Batman! :rofl:

·
Registered
782 Posts
Very cool. Way to revive something.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Alot of fun to see sol old posts, a time machine. If you dig more you wil see posts from eMembers that bought M5 E39 new in the Bay Area with a 10 - 15 000 + USD premium over salespricejust to get an allocation :)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Alot of fun to see sol old posts, a time machine. If you dig more you wil see posts from eMembers that bought M5 E39 new in the Bay Area with a 10 - 15 000 + USD premium over salespricejust to get an allocation :)
That's pretty good considering the Chevy Volts are getting a $20k markup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts