BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like a simple question but does anyone know which spark plugs I should run in my M88 engine, 1985 M635CSI? I am finding conflicting information. Thanks.

·
Registered
939 Posts
There is no conflicting information at all regarding the correct spark plug for the M88/3 engine:
It uses the Bosch X5DC plug.........end of story.

For those who like to use an NGK plug, the D7EA will be the closest equivalent, but I do not recommend using this plug in the M88 engine, as it has a slightly different hex configuration to the Bosch item, with the result that the BMW-supplied plug wrench will not engage it properly during installation/removal.

So just stick with the Bosch plug and you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, this is what I came up with also. In the US the gray market cars do not come up in any of the common auto part databases, only the 87-88 E24 when officially imported by BMW. I have found some good sources of information and parts sources since I have acquired this car. I appreciate your response.

·
Registered
939 Posts
No problem, glad to be of assistance.

Do you use RealOEM.com?

All you have to do is enter the last 7 digits of your VIN and up comes the parts listing for your car - whether gray market or otherwise.:M5thumbs:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts